iank45
    Question Video Issue with 12inch IBOOK G4
    Hello My Name is Ian i am new here and been a Apple owner for 2 years now.

I am having a issue with my 12Inch IBooK G4 i bought it in Dec 2004 from the www.apple.ca.

The problem is there is no video when i trun the laptop on the apple on the back of the lcd screen dont light up and when i look verry colse to the screen i can see the desktop but its verry dark. So any ideas or sugestions on what to do or try or look at. i know computers pretty well and not afiard to do the repair my self. i dont have the apple care.

thanks for the help. I love apple.

Video Issue with 12inch IBOOK G4
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    It sounds like either the Inverter board went out or the lamp in the display. Is it still under Applecare? If not you might be able to find an Inverter board on Ebay. At 2 years old I would almost bet it's the Inverter Board and not the display but that is a guess.

iank45
    Yea there is no apple care. I wish now i would have bought it. i was orginaly thinking it was the lcd screen but there is no scraces or any damage to it and i can still see the desktop but it is verry dark. but this inverter board sounds like it could be it. what does the inverter board do?

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    It sounds like either the Inverter board went out or the lamp in the display. Is it still under Applecare? If not you might be able to find an Inverter board on Ebay. At 2 years old I would almost bet it's the Inverter Board and not the display but that is a guess.

Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    The inverter board basically takes the lower voltage of the computer and jumps it way up to power the fluorescent type light in the display. That usually is the problem, but it still could be the fluorescent lamp itself. I always try a new Inverter board when working with Laptops with your problem first, and that is usually always the problem.

Specs:
    MacBook
    This might seem silly, but have you tried adjusting the brightness level after it has booted up?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    :spook: That DB is very possible. Seen it done a few times. Worth checking anyway!

iank45
    I played with the brightness level didnt make a difrence.

Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    This might seem silly, but have you tried adjusting the brightness level after it has booted up?

iank45
    Is it possiable that the fluorescent type light in the back some how broke or brunt out.

thanks for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    The inverter board basically takes the lower voltage of the computer and jumps it way up to power the fluorescent type light in the display. That usually is the problem, but it still could be the fluorescent lamp itself. I always try a new Inverter board when working with Laptops with your problem first, and that is usually always the problem.

Thread Information