Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    itsdaydrmer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 08, 2006
    White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
    Unhappy Unsure about a Mac.
    Man, I thought I was ready to order a MacBook this weekend, but it seems like i got so much more stuff to look up...A possible update coming up ?? is anyone sure about that ?

    I want to get a 2.0 GHZ, 80GB HD macbook, but i'm not sure if I should get the bone stock 512 SDRAM and buy 2 x 1G DDRAM or the 1G SDRAM. I don't know what rams would fit the mac, because i never used a mac before. what rams would fit, and does anyone know any good, and inexpensive places for ram? looking for 2 x 1GB RAM.

    BTW does a apple store even have a laptop with 2.0 GHZ, 80GB HD ?

  2. #2

    ripfrankwhite's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 19, 2005
    If you need it now, get it now. If you can wait, then wait. There is always something new around the corner. ALWAYS!! Also, the next improvement to the MacBook is rumored to be the Merom, which is not much of an improvement. So there isn't really much reason to wait.

    Google is your friend. Ram is everywhere, just search for the best deal.
    Just call your local store and ask what is available.

  3. #3

    Murlyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 11, 2003
    Mount Vernon, WA
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    If I was you I would wait for at least a week, since it does sound like an update is about to happen.. and like ripfrankwhite said.. if you can't wait then no reason to get one now.

    I would buy the MacBook as the RAM is and then upgrade the RAM through a company like Other World Computing.

  4. #4

    Member Since
    Aug 29, 2006
    Miami, Florida
    2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo Blackbook. 2GB Ram 80GB HD
    Newegg has 2 X 1GB for around $160 I believe...

    I bought the same thing as you. A blackbook 2.0 GHz 80 GB with the standard 512 and upgraded it myself.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 02:48 PM
  2. Unsure if should buy Mac Mini or Imac - New/Used?
    By theymademedoit in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 08:51 AM
  3. Upgrading Mac Mini's Ram - Unsure
    By Stevonw in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 12:35 AM
  4. Thinking about switching to Mac, but unsure
    By bowlman23 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 09:47 AM
  5. New and unsure??
    By Frodo in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts