New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Unsure about a Mac.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

itsdaydrmer

itsdaydrmer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM

Man, I thought I was ready to order a MacBook this weekend, but it seems like i got so much more stuff to look up...A possible update coming up ?? is anyone sure about that ?

I want to get a 2.0 GHZ, 80GB HD macbook, but i'm not sure if I should get the bone stock 512 SDRAM and buy 2 x 1G DDRAM or the 1G SDRAM. I don't know what rams would fit the mac, because i never used a mac before. what rams would fit, and does anyone know any good, and inexpensive places for ram? looking for 2 x 1GB RAM.

BTW does a apple store even have a laptop with 2.0 GHZ, 80GB HD ?
QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite will become famous soon enough

If you need it now, get it now. If you can wait, then wait. There is always something new around the corner. ALWAYS!! Also, the next improvement to the MacBook is rumored to be the Merom, which is not much of an improvement. So there isn't really much reason to wait.

Google is your friend. Ram is everywhere, just search for the best deal.
Just call your local store and ask what is available.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

If I was you I would wait for at least a week, since it does sound like an update is about to happen.. and like ripfrankwhite said.. if you can't wait then no reason to get one now.

I would buy the MacBook as the RAM is and then upgrade the RAM through a company like Other World Computing.
QUOTE Thanks
Nick8539

Nick8539 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo Blackbook. 2GB Ram 80GB HD

Newegg has 2 X 1GB for around $160 I believe...

I bought the same thing as you. A blackbook 2.0 GHz 80 GB with the standard 512 and upgraded it myself.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SystemDetails.. | "right click" »