New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

160 Gig Hard Drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jarbo

I picked up a 160 gig Hard Drive, put it in my fire wire case. Why will Panther only see it as 128gig. I know from window that the size is always listed as the unformated size, but to loose 32 gig seems to me to be a little much. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

Where does Panther say 128 gig? It might be that there are some files in the Trash on your hard drive.
QUOTE Thanks
Jarbo

Got it straignt. It was the fire wire case. Had to upgrade the firmware on the case then it read the whole drive.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cannot load or play certain CD's | Configuring a linksys WAP on a Mac? »