Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    Possible MacBook Update?
    My MacBook has a scheduled ship date of September 27th. That is about 9 days after I ordered it. On the site when I ordered, it said a 5-7 day wait. I wonder if this could be attributed to a possible Merom update? I suppose its not likely, but its a thought. Macrumors says its a possibility. Apparently there is an event called Phonetika or something on the 25th. Anyways, I imagine Apple would wait until late next month, to help fuel their holiday sales. Any thoughts? Check out the article at www.macrumors.com...

I feel a little remoresful, maybe I shouldnt of ordered when I did and waited another couple weeks...sigh...

pbook24
    the event is called photokina, the worlds largest photo expo, it lasts for months.just thought i would tell you that. but they better not update them on the 25th. my 2nd macbook is acting up, and i need to go friday to get it replaced(last day of my 2 week period) ill be upset if they update it 3 days later. its possible that ill be able to return my replacement for the new one if they do update it, thouhg

Specs:
    White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
    i hope it is the new core 2 duo update xD cuz im gonna order mines this weekend... maybe I should wait a bit first eh ? xD

Bah! I just bought my macbook exactly a week ago, and it got shipped from China 3 hours ago Anyone have any idea how much it'll cost to update to the Core 2 Duo chip when it comes out?

Specs:
    iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by kontayjus
    Bah! I just bought my macbook exactly a week ago, and it got shipped from China 3 hours ago Anyone have any idea how much it'll cost to update to the Core 2 Duo chip when it comes out?
    None i believe.. If an update is released 14 days after purchase then you can upgrade for free..

Quote Originally Posted by iWonder
    None i believe.. If an update is released 14 days after purchase then you can upgrade for free..
    I sure hope so! Thanks for the reply

Specs:
    lol reallllly... well first things first, lets hope there is an upgrade.

Flash Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by iWonder
    Meh! And I got my MacBook last Monday... so I'll just be out of the 14 day period if they update it then! Errr... typical.

transamman1999
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Fire
    Meh! And I got my MacBook last Monday... so I'll just be out of the 14 day period if they update it then! Errr... typical.
    me too. but as much as that would suck, the computer world evolves so quickly that your computer will no longer be top of the line after even only 2 weeks.

im just glad i finally have my MacBook!!!!

Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    Well, if you customed ordered your MacBook, with a larger HD or more Ram, you cant return or exchange it at all...

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
    Yes you can

Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    Howso? Their return policy states that you cannot.

Specs:
    grennredfield...take a look at this http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/0...k_to_get_merom/

I'm thinking about buying a macbook...do you think I should wait to see if they come out with something new? If they do come out with something new, what would it be?

Thanks

section31
    I just purchased my macbook on the 16th and am totally happy with it.

The speed increase with Merom isn't what would cause me to rethink keeping this one or advising others to wait until next week. I'm more concerned about 64 bit and the upcoming Tiger release (amongst future updates of any software).

Thread Information