New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Possible MacBook Update?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
ByzantineRemnant

 
ByzantineRemnant's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 15, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 614
ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

ByzantineRemnant is offline
My MacBook has a scheduled ship date of September 27th. That is about 9 days after I ordered it. On the site when I ordered, it said a 5-7 day wait. I wonder if this could be attributed to a possible Merom update? I suppose its not likely, but its a thought. Macrumors says its a possibility. Apparently there is an event called Phonetika or something on the 25th. Anyways, I imagine Apple would wait until late next month, to help fuel their holiday sales. Any thoughts? Check out the article at www.macrumors.com...

I feel a little remoresful, maybe I shouldnt of ordered when I did and waited another couple weeks...sigh...
QUOTE Thanks
pbook24
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

the event is called photokina, the worlds largest photo expo, it lasts for months.just thought i would tell you that. but they better not update them on the 25th. my 2nd macbook is acting up, and i need to go friday to get it replaced(last day of my 2 week period) ill be upset if they update it 3 days later. its possible that ill be able to return my replacement for the new one if they do update it, thouhg
QUOTE Thanks
itsdaydrmer

 
itsdaydrmer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 08, 2006
Posts: 55
itsdaydrmer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM

itsdaydrmer is offline
i hope it is the new core 2 duo update xD cuz im gonna order mines this weekend... maybe I should wait a bit first eh ? xD
QUOTE Thanks
kontayjus

 
kontayjus's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 21, 2006
Posts: 4
kontayjus is on a distinguished road

kontayjus is offline
Bah! I just bought my macbook exactly a week ago, and it got shipped from China 3 hours ago Anyone have any idea how much it'll cost to update to the Core 2 Duo chip when it comes out?
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

 
iWonder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 09, 2005
Location: My world
Posts: 632
iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

iWonder is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontayjus
Bah! I just bought my macbook exactly a week ago, and it got shipped from China 3 hours ago Anyone have any idea how much it'll cost to update to the Core 2 Duo chip when it comes out?
None i believe.. If an update is released 14 days after purchase then you can upgrade for free..
QUOTE Thanks
kontayjus

 
kontayjus's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 21, 2006
Posts: 4
kontayjus is on a distinguished road

kontayjus is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder
None i believe.. If an update is released 14 days after purchase then you can upgrade for free..
I sure hope so! Thanks for the reply
QUOTE Thanks
itsdaydrmer

 
itsdaydrmer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 08, 2006
Posts: 55
itsdaydrmer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM

itsdaydrmer is offline
lol reallllly... well first things first, lets hope there is an upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks
Flash Fire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder
None i believe.. If an update is released 14 days after purchase then you can upgrade for free..
Meh! And I got my MacBook last Monday... so I'll just be out of the 14 day period if they update it then! Errr... typical.
QUOTE Thanks
transamman1999
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Fire
Meh! And I got my MacBook last Monday... so I'll just be out of the 14 day period if they update it then! Errr... typical.
me too. but as much as that would suck, the computer world evolves so quickly that your computer will no longer be top of the line after even only 2 weeks.

im just glad i finally have my MacBook!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

 
ByzantineRemnant's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 15, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 614
ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

ByzantineRemnant is offline
Well, if you customed ordered your MacBook, with a larger HD or more Ram, you cant return or exchange it at all...
QUOTE Thanks
taylorwilsdon

 
taylorwilsdon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 17, 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 201
taylorwilsdon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM

taylorwilsdon is offline
Yes you can
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

 
ByzantineRemnant's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 15, 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 614
ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

ByzantineRemnant is offline
Howso? Their return policy states that you cannot.
QUOTE Thanks
itsdaydrmer

 
itsdaydrmer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 08, 2006
Posts: 55
itsdaydrmer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM

itsdaydrmer is offline
grennredfield...take a look at this http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/0...k_to_get_merom/
QUOTE Thanks
sunshine1686

 
Member Since: Sep 18, 2006
Posts: 154
sunshine1686 is on a distinguished road

sunshine1686 is offline
I'm thinking about buying a macbook...do you think I should wait to see if they come out with something new? If they do come out with something new, what would it be?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
section31
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I just purchased my macbook on the 16th and am totally happy with it.

The speed increase with Merom isn't what would cause me to rethink keeping this one or advising others to wait until next week. I'm more concerned about 64 bit and the upcoming Tiger release (amongst future updates of any software).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Please help! How do I re-format an external HD? | virus?! holy crap please help »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
MacBook impressions - trip to store kaidomac Schweb's Lounge 24 10-14-2007 01:45 PM
ATTN: Macbook SMC Firmware update! Aptmunich Apple Notebooks 31 09-19-2006 07:33 AM
MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update issues... Seba-Argentina Apple Notebooks 1 08-25-2006 07:48 PM
MacBook Update? DavisCollins Switcher Hangout 5 07-21-2006 01:17 PM
The "Mod your MacBook" thread kaidomac Apple Notebooks 50 07-11-2006 08:49 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?