New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - macbook pissing me off

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pbook24

ive already gotten one replacement. today i reboot my macbook and i get the flashing folder, can hear the HD seeking but no go. 2 more times it does this. then i try resetting pram and im good. just now i reboot again and i get a gray screen and it does nothing. same thing 2 more times, reset pram and boom im good. im going to the genius bar on saturday afternoon, gonna get this thing replaced, again. whats apples policy on replacements before i can push for a mbp upgrade?lol.
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

My hdd died adn i had that happen too. if you put in your install discs when you boot up and re-install the OS, you shoudl be good to go. if you want to ever EJECT a disc when your not in OSX, hold the CLICK (mouse pad button down) when you reboot or turn the mac on and hold it until the disc ejects. Depending on how long you have had it, go into an APPLE STORE and get them to look at it with you. They have some great techs there already to help anyone out with little problems.

If anything you can trade in for credit towards an upgrade to a MBP

-J
QUOTE Thanks
pbook24

its been 12 days, friday i am going in and just getting it replaced. i dont have 500 bucks for a mbp, i iwhs i did
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

Well I feel great about my MacBook purchase that I just made. It hasnt even come yet. Has anyone gotten a MacBook without problems?
QUOTE Thanks
taylorwilsdon

taylorwilsdon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM

My second one is problem free <3
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

I cant really afford to be out of comission with my Notebook. I have my iBook for the time being, and the time that I own both a MacBook and iBook will overlap about 2 weeks before I sell the iBook. What can I do? Nothing. Bah!
QUOTE Thanks
transamman1999

mine has been great!! the problem i have is with getting XP to load in Parallels. but that's hardly something to worry about or blame Apple for.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Many Questions about Extra Monitors | Downloading.. »