New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Should I get 12" or 15" PB?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gitboxnat

Hey guys,

In a month or so I will be purchasing a notebook from Apple for my studies at college. Right now, I got my eye on the Powerbook series, and still deciding whether I should get the 12" or 15". What I need is a notebook that is light, and portable since I will be commuting to college and the 12" is perfect. However, I read some posts at the Apple.com Forums, and it seems that alot of PB 12" users have complaints about 'heat', 'dead pixels' issues. I wonder if the 15" is just as bad, or is better quality. Yep, so I'm sort of stuck whether to get the 12" or 15".

Any suggustions or feedback will be good.

Thanks! :rolleyes:
QUOTE Thanks
NMRJock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitboxnat
Hey guys,

In a month or so I will be purchasing a notebook from Apple for my studies at college. Right now, I got my eye on the Powerbook series, and still deciding whether I should get the 12" or 15". What I need is a notebook that is light, and portable since I will be commuting to college and the 12" is perfect. However, I read some posts at the Apple.com Forums, and it seems that alot of PB 12" users have complaints about 'heat', 'dead pixels' issues. I wonder if the 15" is just as bad, or is better quality. Yep, so I'm sort of stuck whether to get the 12" or 15".

Any suggustions or feedback will be good.

Thanks! :rolleyes:
I've got a 12" PB. I have no complaints about heat. I have one dead pixel. I really like the size of my laptop. I'm sitting in my living room watching a bad movie with my PB on my lap as we speak.

~Paul
QUOTE Thanks
Ripped85

I'm purchasing a PB in a lil while as well..i'm going with the 15" only because it has a few more upgrades than the 12"...
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

For your purposes I'd highly recommend the 12".
QUOTE Thanks
HeavyMetalG0d

im getting the 12 in simply because of portability.
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

The 15' in my opinion the 12 is just to small.
QUOTE Thanks
HeavyMetalG0d

12in has a full size keyboard but yea the screen is quite small for most.
QUOTE Thanks
Ripped85

yea..so i think i'm going towards the 15...now i just have to decide whether to wait for an update or not
QUOTE Thanks
chris041067

I went with the 15" and It is probably the best purchase I have ever made. Now that I have it i think the 12" would have been too small...15 is big enough while still being portable. The backlit keyboard and 80 gig HD also come in very handy.

Just a note - the 15" pbs have actually experienced more problems than the 12s as far as i know. But if you do happen have a problem, apple will help you out.
QUOTE Thanks
masaka___

For your needs, I'd go w/ a 12". I had a 15" and it was too big for my tastes, and I ended up giving it to my cousin.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

There really isn't much of a difference between the 12 and 15in powerbooks that the laymen will recognize...and I've always though that the idea of a laptop was to be as portable as possible. I have a 12" and I couldn't be happier. It's what I've always wanted in a laptop computer. I suggest the 12".
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRJock
I've got a 12" PB. I have no complaints about heat. I have one dead pixel. I really like the size of my laptop. I'm sitting in my living room watching a bad movie with my PB on my lap as we speak.

~Paul
Hey there. I saw your post and saw that you had a dead pixel. Well, reading on some other forums the other day I saw that for sinlge dead pixels, if you message them counter clock-wise very softly, you can fix them....I think it's counter clock-wise..anyways...I don't have a dead pixel..but if I get one, I'll try that.
QUOTE Thanks
Hoosier

I've asked this same question in the switchers forum. I was worried about the 12 inch being too small. But I had the opportunity to work with a 12" at work for a few hours and I have to say, its fine with me. I'm going with the 12".
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMoney
Hey there. I saw your post and saw that you had a dead pixel. Well, reading on some other forums the other day I saw that for sinlge dead pixels, if you message them counter clock-wise very softly, you can fix them....I think it's counter clock-wise..anyways...I don't have a dead pixel..but if I get one, I'll try that.
Nope, my pixel is still dead. :-(
QUOTE Thanks
Box_Man

Ok. Pertaining to the dead pixel issue.

I have one that is grey. I am guessing this one is dead. As opposed to a 'stuck' red or green that I have heard of.

Can you and bring the stuck pixels back, but the dead ones are..... ah, dead?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New IBook | Sleep Mode Questions »