New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

G4 can't browse wireless at home?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lokerd

Hello. I have a G4 12.1 and an Airport at work. The laptop used to find the home wireless connection just fine. But here recently, I can't get it to find it. I had this happen once before and finally figured it out...but didn't take any notes. I am certain that this is the same sort of problem, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out, as to whether it is a G4 setting issue, or the router at home (not a Mac Airport), etc.

The laptop does see my router at home, and the signal strenth looks goo, it just does browse or check email. I think it will even let me log into the desktop computer I have at home (a PC).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Drew
QUOTE Thanks
PowerbookG417

if your powerbook is able to see the desktop computer that means that your router,wireless connection is working...it could be an issue with the router not cycling the information to that ip address or their could be something wrong with the lease of that ip, try to assing yourself a new ip address within the router to see if that changes things or preform a reset on the router a simple reset and reconfigure can sometimes do it
also if you go into your sys pref's and you dont see a Route number in the network section that means that your not gettin access out basically. if your having troubles still give the manufactutor of the route...who knows there might have been a firmware update ro something to fix it...i know linksys never checks for the warrent info
QUOTE Thanks
lokerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerbookG417
if your having troubles still give the manufactutor of the route...who knows there might have been a firmware update ro something to fix it...i know linksys never checks for the warrent info
Thanks for the reply. Last time I was on the phone with Tech support, had been holding for a while. When they came on, I had just turned it off on a hunch while sitting on hold, and that turned out to be it. I had fogotten this a simple solution during my early attempts to figure this out, but even when I finally did remember it, it still didn't fix itself. I will try to work with it some more again trying your other suggestions.

Yes, nice of Linksys...I wish other companies were as easy to deal with. Cutting us off for tech support at 90 days, like Apple, is a hard bite to swallow...especially if you grew up with the early days of Apple and unlimited lifetime support!

Drew
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Strange Error in PB Picture | G3 Password Security »