Can I disable the alternate fuction keys?
    We have some homegrown Windows only apps here at work that I use in Virtual PC when at home. They run great....but....many of the functions are associated with the std PC function keys. The app is not GUI and for example I need to use F12 to file. This one is pretty easy and I can use Fn + F12 to file, but some of the others require....Shift + Fn + F8, etc. Unfortunately, I find I am constantly hitting F8 out of habit and raising/lowering the volume and other things. Is there an easy way to temporarily inactivate the shortcuts associated with the keys (volume, brightness)?

found my answer...should check the Apple KB first.....

fyi - Article ID: 60432

How well does Virtual PC run for you? I tried it on my iBook, 933 G4, and it ran horribly. I just have 256 ram at the moment, which could have been part of the issue, but I installed xp pro on it using a xp cd instead of one of those packs that come with virtual pc, and it was just wayy too slow to use.

I have 640RAM and the VPC is OK...obiously slower than a normal XP machine, but the apps I run are basically text based and VPC can handle them with no problem. I also got the VPC with XP inlcuded...and it's not Pro. Don't know if that makes a's probably the RAM.

Hey folks, just wanted to post something else I found....Google a program called UControl. It allows easy edits to the function keys. An added bonus is the virtual scroll wheel you can use. It creates a scroll wheel while using the track pad and the Fn key. Use it once and you are hooked!

Thread Information