New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mac Pro - SAD DAY, Cracked Screen Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iMac2K6

iMac2K6 is on a distinguished road

Title says it all, Macbook got bumped off table and it took a dive. Has a crack from the bottom middle to the right side. Not extremely horrible but definitely noticable. I do not have the Apple Care. Can anyone suggest where I can order a new one? If I must, I will make going to Apple my last place to go cause I figure it will be the most expensive place.

Thanks in advance for any help!
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

DOH! Have a screenshot?
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken, AppleCare is more a warranty extension than an insurance policy. You'd be better claiming it on your home and contents cover.
QUOTE Thanks
Aslain

Aslain is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazabam
Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken, AppleCare is more a warranty extension than an insurance policy. You'd be better claiming it on your home and contents cover.
Yes, you are correct. Apple wouldn't repair this damage.
QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite will become famous soon enough

That is too bad. How did it get "bumped" of the table? That is crazy! People spilling drinks on MacBooks, knocking 'em off tables, dropping down steps...It seems that these poor laptops are getting neglected.
QUOTE Thanks
kevin_msu

kevin_msu has a spectacular aura about

applecare is warranty, not "oops" insurance.
i think i'm going to ask my home owners insurance guy if i can tack in a 'laptop death by my idiocy' to my policy.

one thing i really liked about my dell; complete care. for a hundred fifty, i could drop it or spill beer on it and call dell, TELL THEM i broke my lappy and they fix it. wish mac had that. i'd by it in a second.

sad to say though sir, you're boinked.

you could buy a new LCD and put it in.... i think that really your only option is that or having a mac authorized repair cent do it (though its probly cheaper just to get a new one...)

sorry to hear though, that really bites; it could just as easily be any one of us (notice how slippery the case is? these things are designed to fly out of your hands)

MacBook owner since 7/15/06
13inch White, 2.0 ghz Intel
My first Mac was a Powerbook 165c :mac:

Visit my .Mac page!
QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite will become famous soon enough

Kevin msu, in your sig you have

13inch White, 2.0 ghz Pentium
My first Mac was a Powerbook 165c

What is the 2.0 ghz Pentium?
QUOTE Thanks
msobell

I have a broken MacBook.. the screen works perfectly, you can have it haha.
QUOTE Thanks
kevin_msu

kevin_msu has a spectacular aura about

i should put Intel, eh?
i've just always referred to Intel as Pentium.

13inch White, 2.0 ghz Intel
My first Mac was a Powerbook 165c :mac:

Visit my .Mac page!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Unfortunately Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage like screen breaks, but it's good to schedule a Genius appointment anyway because you never know, maybe they'll fix it for free.
Ummm, I don't think so..... Not trying to be rude, but just don't want to see hopes raised for accidental damage.
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Looks like your responding to a post from 2006
I almost did this a few days ago too, I was looking at the "Get New" posts and there was a post in the list from 2008. I have no idea why it appeared in there seeing it should only have displayed new posts.

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
Looks like your responding to a post from 2006
I almost did this a few days ago too, I was looking at the "Get New" posts and there was a post in the list from 2008. I have no idea why it appeared in there seeing it should only have displayed new posts.
There were a couple of spammers, spanners, or tools, if you like, who had brought it back from the dead, to which I responded.
Their posts have been removed, now my post looks bizarrely out of place, seeing that I quoted a post that isn't even there anymore
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
There were a couple of spammers, spanners, or tools, if you like, who had brought it back from the dead, to which I responded.
Their posts have been removed, now my post looks bizarrely out of place, seeing that I quoted a post that isn't even there anymore
Yupp...I know exactly the threads you are referring to, that were on the forums about 10 hours ago (this morning in the US).

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBPro RAM Compatibility | OSX 10.3.x on iBook 300MHz, Possible? »