New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - Broke Hinge on my Aluminium. HELP!! IDEAS?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bigbatman

Bigbatman is on a distinguished road

neye:

I've broken the hinge on my aluminium powerbook 15". What should I do? Not used to having problems with a mac

I know that if I take it to the Apple store, it will cost huge. Any other ideas? Sell it? Repair it? Where?

Thanks guys/girls,
Bigbatman
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

http://www.ifixit.com/cart/catalog/

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Bigbatman

Bigbatman is on a distinguished road

Thanks

It seems as though it is a huge mission to do yourself huh?

Bigbatman :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I have that same issue with my Ti PowerBook. It looked like a major task to me, so I decide to leave as it is.

If you dig through the archive, you can see when I broke mine.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I would, if I were you.. stop using it as a laptop, buy a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and a lcd monitor from somewhere (i would choose apple, but dell is good too) and then use it as a desktop from now on.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Hey you could just Mod it into say 'the first powerbook toilet roll dispenser'. The opportunities are endless if you've got a lot of time to waste. :cool:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with 2nd hand tiBook | Macbook Pro Problem!! »