New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - BlackBook for just 40$ More For College Students

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

itsdaydrmer

itsdaydrmer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM

Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum. Actually I don't even have a Mac yet. I'm planning to get a MacBook. But I'm hearing about this "Showdown" going down tommorrow with Apple, and there may be a chance a better MacBook will be offered. Not too sure. But I was looking in these forums when I saw that people are complaining about the Blackbook being 150$ more just because it's black. I actually found out you get the Blackbook with 1GB Ram + 80 gig hd, compared to a white MacBook with 1GB Ram + 80 gig hd, the price difference is only 40$ difference. But in order to do so, you have to be a college student, and get the college discount. Moderators, I'm sorry if this item was posted before. I searched, and didn't see anything posted simliar to this. If there was, I must have missed it. Go easy on me >.< :blind: . So yeah College Students! Get that Cheaper Blackbook xD <btw do you get more discounts if your buy directly from the store? i hear you get 20% discount as a college student? <.< >

Also, I heard on the long run, the black book's key board smears from the oil from your hands and becomes shiny instead of a matte look. Is that true ?
QUOTE Thanks
nickster9224

nickster9224 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor

yea it sorta bad but not really i just got an iskin protough for my blackboook works great
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Does iskins work on the keys also?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
wakerider017

wakerider017 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac Core 2 Duo

I don't know about the blackbooks.... They are still normal price....

I even went to the "student discount site" (USF) Doesn't work for me....

24" iMac
QUOTE Thanks
itsdaydrmer

really ? cuz it works for me. go to apple.com click on the store tab and on the right side click Education, Savings for Students, Faculty and Staff. Click as a college student, choose your college, and you get to save. That's how I did it... Maybe they offer more discounts for certain colleges? o.O
QUOTE Thanks
wakerider017

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdaydrmer
really ? cuz it works for me. go to apple.com click on the store tab and on the right side click Education, Savings for Students, Faculty and Staff. Click as a college student, choose your college, and you get to save. That's how I did it... Maybe they offer more discounts for certain colleges? o.O

The original poster said the black Macbooks are only $40 more than the white one...

Not for me....

I get the regular student discount.....

24" iMac
QUOTE Thanks
itsdaydrmer

lol depends on the set up u have.
QUOTE Thanks
wakerider017

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdaydrmer
lol depends on the set up u have.

wow, that is lame...

In that case, You can make a macbook more expensive than a MBP, if you add all the options...

24" iMac
QUOTE Thanks
ahr113

Don't get a mac...my experience with them has been awful...granted windows isnt any good either, but at least youre not paying through the nose for one.
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahr113
Don't get a mac...my experience with them has been awful...granted windows isnt any good either, but at least youre not paying through the nose for one.
Well that's just your experience. For every one bad experience there are 99 great experiences if not more. And with Windows machines you have to pay for most of the software that you need, as opposed to Macs that come with just about all the software a regular user will need. If you compare the costs bewtween software and even hardware macs are cheaper than most windows machines.
QUOTE Thanks
Roo

Roo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahr113
Matching my Macbook up with an Alienware laptop with comparable screen size, HDD size, ram, and features, the Alienware laptop was a couple of hundred dollars more expensive than my Macbook.

Same with a Dell laptop with comparable specs.

Note: I have a white Macbook, 1 gig of ram, and 80 gig HDD

QUOTE Thanks
sstrasser86

sstrasser86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well that's just your experience. For every one bad experience there are 99 great experiences if not more. And with Windows machines you have to pay for most of the software that you need, as opposed to Macs that come with just about all the software a regular user will need. If you compare the costs bewtween software and even hardware macs are cheaper than most windows machines.
as a lifelong windows user i can say that i never pay for any of the software that i use..albeit stolen i wouldnt use price of software as a selling point for macs
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Still even with software it is as much and a lot of times cheaper. A great computer and it is loaded with software. I added that to show the value you get. And you can't steal all of your software, there comes a point when you have to buy something and Apple provides it for you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing OSX on a new HD | How long do iBook batteries last? »