Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Archy
    Guest
    To buy, or not to buy
    Hi, I am going to be getting a MacBook this Saturday (Am very excited :headphone), and was wondering what to do.

    iMacs have been upgraded to Core 2 Duo recently, and was wondering what the chances are that the MacBooks will follow suit soon. I read a few threads on here, and some people mentioned MBP's possibly being updated.

    Do you think that Apple would announce this on the 12th at the "showdown"? If they don't do you think that they will do this in the near future or not?

    Thanks,
    Archy.

  2. #2

    Neale's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 02, 2006
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    28
    Specs:
    2.0ghz Intel Dual Core 13" Macbook, 2gb RAM, 80GB HD, Smartdisk, etc.; 30gb iPod Video
    It's like what other people said, if you're going to sit around and wait for the "next big (or marginally better) thing," you're never going to get a piece of electronics equipment.

    It really depends on what you want the Macbook for. Having just ordered a Macbook, I think I made a wise choice in not waiting because I don't see that they're going to be "that much better," and warrant the waiting.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Jul 22, 2003
    Location
    Hamilton College
    Posts
    6,999
    Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    I personally think you are safe from MacBook's being updated. They are having supply issues with the Core2Duo's which makes me even be skeptical of the MBP's being updated on the 12th.
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

  4. #4

    DeNNNiTh's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 09, 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    18
    Specs:
    Macbook - White, 2.0Ghz, 1GB Ram, week 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Archy
    Hi, I am going to be getting a MacBook this Saturday (Am very excited :headphone), and was wondering what to do.

    iMacs have been upgraded to Core 2 Duo recently, and was wondering what the chances are that the MacBooks will follow suit soon. I read a few threads on here, and some people mentioned MBP's possibly being updated.

    Do you think that Apple would announce this on the 12th at the "showdown"? If they don't do you think that they will do this in the near future or not?

    Thanks,
    Archy.
    It's all up for speculation... No one can tell you for sure. I just got my Macbook last week and I'm content. But, if they do happen to announce they a Core 2 Duo Macbook on the 12th, I'll take mine in and exchange it... even if I have to pay a restocking fee.

  5. #5

    ByzantineRemnant's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 15, 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    614
    Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    The event on the 12th will have a focus on the new iPod, not on hardware.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Noob help with MacBook pro - to buy or not to buy?
    By Big Dogg in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 09:01 PM
  2. If I buy Keynote on my Mac, do I have to buy it on the iPhone?
    By rsphotocreation in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
  3. Best Buy Forcing Customers To Buy Service Plan To Get An iPad 2?
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 10:47 PM
  4. Mac Pro 8 core, to buy or not to buy help
    By JUSCUZIAM in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 06:28 PM
  5. Help me fight the relapse! Intend to buy Mac, Tempted to buy PC!
    By electronsi00 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 05:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •