New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - To buy, or not to buy

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Archy

Hi, I am going to be getting a MacBook this Saturday (Am very excited :headphone), and was wondering what to do.

iMacs have been upgraded to Core 2 Duo recently, and was wondering what the chances are that the MacBooks will follow suit soon. I read a few threads on here, and some people mentioned MBP's possibly being updated.

Do you think that Apple would announce this on the 12th at the "showdown"? If they don't do you think that they will do this in the near future or not?

Thanks,
Archy.
QUOTE Thanks
Neale

Neale is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0ghz Intel Dual Core 13" Macbook, 2gb RAM, 80GB HD, Smartdisk, etc.; 30gb iPod Video

It's like what other people said, if you're going to sit around and wait for the "next big (or marginally better) thing," you're never going to get a piece of electronics equipment.

It really depends on what you want the Macbook for. Having just ordered a Macbook, I think I made a wise choice in not waiting because I don't see that they're going to be "that much better," and warrant the waiting.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I personally think you are safe from MacBook's being updated. They are having supply issues with the Core2Duo's which makes me even be skeptical of the MBP's being updated on the 12th.

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
DeNNNiTh

DeNNNiTh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook - White, 2.0Ghz, 1GB Ram, week 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archy
Hi, I am going to be getting a MacBook this Saturday (Am very excited :headphone), and was wondering what to do.

iMacs have been upgraded to Core 2 Duo recently, and was wondering what the chances are that the MacBooks will follow suit soon. I read a few threads on here, and some people mentioned MBP's possibly being updated.

Do you think that Apple would announce this on the 12th at the "showdown"? If they don't do you think that they will do this in the near future or not?

Thanks,
Archy.
It's all up for speculation... No one can tell you for sure. I just got my Macbook last week and I'm content. But, if they do happen to announce they a Core 2 Duo Macbook on the 12th, I'll take mine in and exchange it... even if I have to pay a restocking fee.

QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

The event on the 12th will have a focus on the new iPod, not on hardware.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook G4 Titanium - need some help please | gray apple screen then turns off.... »