New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macbook Discoloration. How long to be repaired.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Techno Mutant

Techno Mutant is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0 macbook

Well I thought I had found a solution to my discoloation on my macbook but it didnt last long. So I'am thinking about sending it in for repair. I dont want to lose this thing for long so my question is how long would it take for a repair? Someone told me they had it back in like 3-4 days anyone have any information on how long it took for apple to replace the cover?

QUOTE Thanks
nickster9224

nickster9224 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor

try taking it to your apple store first of its conveniant
QUOTE Thanks
vamz

vamz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook

i just took mine today, well aparently it takes a while for the store themselves to get it. and once they get it, 5-7 days to fix it. i dont see how replacing the top portion takes more than 30 minutes but o well. im just glad im under warranty, the bill came out to be 386 (i had them get me a new battery too).
QUOTE Thanks
Techno Mutant

does it cost anything? Why would it cost anything?

Usally the time for it to be fixed is the same for any repair. But if it takes 5-7 days thats sad. Could you take it home once they ordered then bring it back when they got it in?

p.s- How bad is you dicoloration.

QUOTE Thanks
vamz

vamz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook

umm its not too bad but its a lil annoying, it looks like its dirty and been smudged. no it doesnt cost anything as long as we are under warranty (which we should because it hasnt even been a year since they have been released). Yea they ordered it today and i got to take it back home. You bring it in once the parts have been ordered. make sure you make a backup of everything before you turn it in just in case (thats what the genius who helped me said).
QUOTE Thanks
Techno Mutant

cool, now I know when you backup everything on a windows hardrive you cant just copy it right back on the hdd and have it be like it was before. (You have to re-install everthing) Is this the same on the macs or can I make a copy of my Hdd onto my external then 'poof' put it all back on.

(doubt it but would be AWESOME)
I'll make sure I will backup my files.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Checking temps | Help! »