New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Display Bezel Clips?????

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jonnycrimson

jonnycrimson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook (black) 2.0 core2, 2gigs ram, 120gig HD / 24" iMac, 2.33 core 2, 2 gig, 256 grapics, 500hd

I purchased the Macbook about 3 months ago, with in the first month I noticed a dead pixel smack in the middle of the screen. I took it in the apple and they ordered a new screen no questions asked....

About a week later the part came in and was replaced. When I had arrived to pickup, I found out that I was there first Macbook customer and was the "ginny pig" for repairs...

In taking the display bezel apart the "Mac Guy" snapped every clip that held the bezel on... No biggie just order the part!! Right???

Well 2 months have passed and still no parts. He claims that Apple does not even have the correct part number.
Does anyone know where I can find this Part number?
Should it take this long?
QUOTE Thanks
nickster9224

nickster9224 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor

call apple
QUOTE Thanks
devast8or

devast8or is on a distinguished road

get at them and tell them you want a new one cause thats not good if your eye is always focusing on that one point distraction also if they dont have the part then what good is your warranty. dont take no if ans or buts from them...
QUOTE Thanks
jonnycrimson

jonnycrimson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook (black) 2.0 core2, 2gigs ram, 120gig HD / 24" iMac, 2.33 core 2, 2 gig, 256 grapics, 500hd

Good thought, I think that i might just do to another store that is actually closer. I only went to them because " They were the best." Im starting to second guess that now......
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows User looking to make the switch, got some newbie Qs! | Programs randomly close »