New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Got a macbook its a SCREAMER!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacMania55

MacMania55 is a jewel in the roughMacMania55 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

Hey guys i picked up my macbook today. 2.0 ghz dual core. 1 gb ram. 80 gb HDD. Its so amazingly fast! I would say it is an incredible improvement over the G4 ibooks. If anyone is cosidering switching its worth it! Much faster and screen wont give you a headache. Good resolution and size. I love it!

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks
nickster9224

nickster9224 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor

is it a blackbook
QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickster9224
is it a blackbook
nope.

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks
Sheafraidh

Sheafraidh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMania55
Hey guys i picked up my macbook today. 2.0 ghz dual core. 1 gb ram. 80 gb HDD. Its so amazingly fast! I would say it is an incredible improvement over the G4 ibooks. If anyone is cosidering switching its worth it! Much faster and screen wont give you a headache. Good resolution and size. I love it!
Admittedly I have the standard 512 RAM. Why shold I have to fork out more money to make the thing run decently ? With 512 everything is slooow. Fed up seeing that beachball even when switching windows or using a menu item at the top of the screen. Give me back my iBook. Everything ran smartly , no hassles.
QUOTE Thanks
huazhelei

huazhelei is on a distinguished road

yeah i am thinking of getting a macbook too but donno if games work on it, dont really need games but i want the option to be able to...
i heard the macbook is good, can u write me like a review of it? or like give me a link to a review of it? cheers

"90% of everything is crap"

~HzL~
go to www.p2jfootball.com
QUOTE Thanks
daz087

daz087 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo w/ 2GB RAM (White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huazhelei
yeah i am thinking of getting a macbook too but donno if games work on it, dont really need games but i want the option to be able to...
i heard the macbook is good, can u write me like a review of it? or like give me a link to a review of it? cheers
I have a 2.0 MacBook w/ 2 gigs of RAM and it is definitely much faster than my old 1.42 iBook. I haven't experimented too much with the games/Windows thing yet, but I installed Boot Camp w/ WinXP and have played Counterstrike (admittibly not the most graphic intensive game...) and it ran just as fast as my roommate's PC will run it. Overall, I love everything about my new MacBook and feel that it was definitely worth the upgrade.

- Z

Check out World of Apple for Apple news, reviews, giveaways, and more!
QUOTE Thanks
newbie builder

newbie builder is on a distinguished road

The macbook is my first mac. i got 2.0ghz with 1 gig of ram and a 80gig hd. The thing is amazing- absolutely perfect and much nicer than my last PC laptop.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

huazhelei, search the boards here for "playing games on macbook". There have been numerous threads on this and from what I could tell of the reviews, that the Macbook alone plays games pretty good. There was a link in one of the threads of someone playing Counter-Strike Source very efficiently on his Macbook.
QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

HAH guys, my macbook had a problem so I purchases a new 20" imac. I love it! CORE 2 DUO!

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« saving from esternal boot | Looking for a case/sleeve »