New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macbook switcher.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Orfink69

Orfink69 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0 ghz white 2 gig Ram

Just wanted to say a quick hello to all on the forum from a very new mac user.
I purchased my rather lovely macbook yesterday from an Apple store in the UK.
Of course I had to rush home to try it..... and was I surprised. Straight out of the box it worked. Set up was easy, it even configured my wireless network for me. No issues at all, and all I have ever used are Windows OS.
I haven't really had a major amount of time to play, but that will change, and it is a little frustrating having worked with Windows for so long, but that's just me.
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who post here .
The information is exceptional and helped me decide on switching.
I do have one question though.... not sure whether anyone can shed any light..... One of the main reasons for purchase is for mobile email and internet access to which I am looking to use my Bluetooth mobile phone. I have already paired the phone and computer but I am unsure about the settings to enter when asked :confused: . Anyone help? If it's any use I'm in the UK on O2.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
greggles

greggles is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb

I struggled with the same thing last week (Sony Ericsson on O2) and even following the O2 instructions could not get it to work. The instructions, being for OS X.2 were a bit out of date. Anyway, I took it into my local Apple Store (Bluewater) and the Apple guy downloaded some pluggins and within about 10 minutes I was up and running. Quite impressed with the speed also (3G).
QUOTE Thanks
Orfink69

Orfink69 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0 ghz white 2 gig Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggles
I struggled with the same thing last week (Sony Ericsson on O2) and even following the O2 instructions could not get it to work. The instructions, being for OS X.2 were a bit out of date. Anyway, I took it into my local Apple Store (Bluewater) and the Apple guy downloaded some pluggins and within about 10 minutes I was up and running. Quite impressed with the speed also (3G).
Thanks for the response.... don't feel like such a numpty now.

I don't suppose you know just what they used, pluggin wise, to rectify this problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook sound card- bass sounds weird. | My latest revision MacBook Pro whines?!?!? »