New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macbook sound card- bass sounds weird.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

palmer

With the vast majority of my music easily organized and centralized on my laptop I thought I would use it as a stereo hub, with the slick little remote coming in handy.

I hooked my Macbook up to my stereo system with a quarter inch adapter in the headphone port and into the "Aux in" port on the stereo. I play lots of music through it and it sounds pretty good, although I have noticed that the bass pounds and pops out of the mix a lot... I listen to lots of traditional ska so this is an issue.

I thought it might be the cord or the stereo, but it definitely is the Mac, because it happens through the Macbook's speakers. I tried messing with the equalizers on the stereo and the computer as well but to no avail.

Does anyone else notice this issue? I have narrowed it down to the computer, and wonder if there are any fixes... heading off to college soon and don't plan on taking any music not on the computer.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

It could be the bitrate that the music was ripped at. I would suggest re-ripping at least one of those CD's at a higher rate and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then you might want to consider doing the same for the rest of your music.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
palmer

No, I rip everything at a high rate... I'm sort of an audiophile, but without knowing anything about recording.
QUOTE Thanks
palmer

Oh yeah one person on another board blamed volume levels on each, or the fact that "Aux in" ports on stereos are crap. I was thinking about getting an external sound card, assuming it's not the stereo, could this help?
QUOTE Thanks
symondavis

symondavis has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

You could link up a CD player to the stereo the same way to see if this also cause the same issue. Other than that you can connect optically

On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Booq laptop bag pics | Macbook switcher. »