Thread: 2.0 or 2.16?

Crooksey
    2.0 or 2.16?
    Im looking to get a macbook pro, and i cam eseeking some advice.

I am stuck between the basic 15" with the 2GB of ram, or the 15" with 2.16GHZ and 1GB ram, what would be better? Mainly for music, school, web surfing, no games, and also some war driving.

Specs:
    iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
    do not buy the ram from apple... its as easy as that. I am sure someone can link a good sight for some mac book ram
    -Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-

Crooksey
    But would the lowest 15" processor be OK if i bought 2GB ram?

Specs:
    20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
    With what you are doing I doubt you would even notice a difference in the processor speeds. In my opinion it would be better to get the MBP with the faster processor, since its easier to upgrade RAM then add a new processor.

Newegg.com and crucial.com are good sites for finding RAM for your computer at a competitive price.

Best of luck

Crooksey
    Ok thanks

todd51
    I would say stick with the 2.0Ghz processor and just use the money you saved from that to max out the ram.

Specs:
    2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
    I agree... In my opinion the extra processing power is going to be unnoticeable with the applications you will be using. 2gigs of ram vs 1 gig will make a tremendous speed difference. The 2.0 ghz processor is more than fast enough.

Specs:
    Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
    just buy a 1 gig 2.0, and get 1 more gig from newegg here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRa...82E16820231066

I've had it for 3-4 months, works great! but honestly, for the apps you'll be using, i don't see why you have to get an MBP. I would just get a macbook.
    "You can play your electric guitar but it ain’t gonna change the world
    You can get all emotional on me and cry like a little girl"
    -Electric Six- Rock 'n Roll Evacuation- Señor Smoke

malentendu
    Quote Originally Posted by ShillAT
    just buy a 1 gig 2.0, and get 1 more gig from newegg here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRa...82E16820231066

I've had it for 3-4 months, works great! but honestly, for the apps you'll be using, i don't see why you have to get an MBP. I would just get a macbook.

i concur with this idea...be economical. honestly there is no difference. i have used both. my roomie has a macbook 2.0 and i have a 2.16 MBP we both have 2 gigs of ram...the ONLY time mine is marg. faster than his, is running games. windows/osx speeds running identical programs are liquid smooth. he enjoys his macbook for music/school/and minor programming. :headphone

Thread Information