New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Apple Macbook Users, Improvements???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tjacob

tjacob is on a distinguished road

So i just wanted Macbook users to tell me what they wish the Macbook had? things from the Macbook pro that maybe the macbook should have? things that should be standard.

Is there any improvements to it you think they should implement for a later generation?

this should be fun!

backlit keyboard :p
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob
So i just wanted Macbook users to tell me what they wish the Macbook had? things from the Macbook pro that maybe the macbook should have? things that should be standard.
Well, if the MacBook had the same features of the MacBook Pro... then it would cease to be a MacBook. :black:
The MacBook lacks certain features to make it different from the MacBook Pro. Otherwise there would be no need to have a consumer and a professional line.
:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite will become famous soon enough

The MacBook Pro has the features that I wish the MacBook had. That might be my next purchase.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

As DB pointed out, there will always be a "more affordable" and a "if only I had the money to afford that" version because it covers a larger consumer market...
QUOTE Thanks
nickster9224

nickster9224 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor

they only thing i wish it had was a backlit keyboard
QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

I wish it had a merom, 17" display, backlit keyboard, 8x dl superdrive, firewire 400/800/usb, and a good graphics card.
QUOTE Thanks
Roo

Roo will become famous soon enough

Honestly, the backlit keyboard is the only thing I'd like. As said above, if I wanted a MacBook Pro, I would've spent my money on that.

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfrankwhite
I wish it had a merom, 17" display, backlit keyboard, 8x dl superdrive, firewire 400/800/usb, and a good graphics card.
....so you more or less just want a 17" MacBook Pro, then?
:p :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
....so you more or less just want a 17" MacBook Pro, then?
:p :black:

Oh, and I want it to have a silver aluminum body.
QUOTE Thanks
lionel

lionel will become famous soon enough

I'd love it if it just had like.. an X1300/1400 graphics card with 128 dedicated memory, i'd love that or at least an option to add one... Otherwise i think it's perfect.
QUOTE Thanks
Aslain

Aslain is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB

I would prefer the body to be aluminum, not polycarbonate. A backlit keyboard is not all that useful to me as I touch-type.
QUOTE Thanks
digital john

digital john has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook

I don't own a MB or anything like that but I think an improvement would be an option for a larger sized screen. Even though I don't need all the power the MBP offers I will probably buy the MBP over the MB because it offers more screen real-estate.

QUOTE Thanks
devast8or

devast8or is on a distinguished road

The backlite keyboard would be a nice extra but its not nesesscary i think the machine is great to begin with but one thing is fix the heat issue even with the new update it gets to hot for a laptop, also some small built in speakers would be nice the sound on it sucks and change out the plastic which supposedly rumors are that they already are. othsr than those few you if you want more buy the MBP
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Confusion over graphics memory | How's your MacBook casing holding up? »