Thread: iBook Help

iBook Help
    I recently downloaded some files for my phone and now there are atleast 10 icons on my desktop for some reason. Its also bad because when i try to put them in the trash it just makes the noise but they show up again on the desktop. Anyone know what i can do?

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Can you take a screenshot (Apple + Shift + 3) and attach it here so we can see
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" • iPhone 6 • iPad Air • and many iPods
    Make sure there's no application running that's using them.

The best suggestion I have would be to reboot your system, then try to delete the files one at a time.

What type of files are these?

They are covered on the desk top and are called .seem files. Also all my icons that were recently on my desktop have all somehow stacked up on eachother on top of the hd. I dont know whats wrong. PLease Help!

Help Please
    Someone please help, my mac is barely even functioning. I try to delete a file, it dissapears for one second then appears back on teh desktop.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by alee623
    They are covered on the desk top and are called .seem files. Also all my icons that were recently on my desktop have all somehow stacked up on eachother on top of the hd. I dont know whats wrong. PLease Help!
    .seem files are what basically control your phone. When people download new ones, they are supposed to 'mod' your phone and tweak it out. It sounds like you got a hold of some poorly written ones, maybe.
    Try hitting Command+Option+Esc and quitting any apps that are running, then try to delete the files again.
    You may also want to reboot and then try to do the same.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information