New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - cleaning MB

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thadoggfather

thadoggfather is an unknown at this point

For the screen - use Clean Dr. solution and the included lintfree rag. (works well) because I already have it

For the filthy trackpad , I dampen a paper towel with water, ring it out, and apply pressure (and quickly wipe it with a dry paper towel)

what do I use to clean the outer plastic? just because the casing behind the screen where the apple logo is has a lot of smudges and finger prints and it doesn't look very good right now hah.

screw iKlear, I'm not shelling out 20 dollars for it.
QUOTE Thanks
thadoggfather

thadoggfather is an unknown at this point

Ugh, even after trying to clean the greasy trackpad, it doesnt seem much better.

so i need help with the trackpad and the plastic casing.

but the screen is now perfect
QUOTE Thanks
nickster9224

nickster9224 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor

I use a lint free cloth dampned to clean mine even thecasing
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Just use Windex whipes for the body and those pre-moistened lens cloths they sell at Wal-Mart. Works fine for all our laptops here (my PowerBook, an IBM/ Lenovo, and an HP).

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

One of the Geniuses at my local Apple Store told me to make a diluted solution of dishwashing liquid and water and apply it with a soft cloth. That always works wonders for me on the case and the screen.

The tough stains on the wrist areas can be cleaned with a Mr Clean Magic eraser.

I've mentioned in these forums before that I am not a fan of the iKlear items at all-- I've found them to be expensive and not as effective as the solution described above.
QUOTE Thanks
Aslain

Aslain is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB

I use an old baby's undershirt and a half and half mixture of isopropyl alcohol and filtered water. I've heard from others that a few commerical screen cleaners are made of similar mixtures.
QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

MacMania55 is a jewel in the roughMacMania55 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

I use iKlear and it doesnt remove scratches just cleans. I think it does a nice job but for the money not worth it really.

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« anyone know ? | MBP causing cable modem crash? »