Thread: electric shock?

electric shock?
    I searched and searched and came up with nothing. but i was wondering if anyone gets shocked by there Mac, because for the past 2 weeks it has been shocking me where my forearms are on the edge. i dont know why this would have started all the sudden, and its by no means a large shock but its enough to annoy.
    Mac Book Pro 17" 2 Gig Ram, 120 gig

Canon 1dMarkII // Canon 20D// Some Lenses
    Bonzai Photography!Click me!

2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
    same for me....but only sometimes....and only when plugged in. I have no idea, but I dont notice it all the time. Your is annoying.

problem after problem after problem! make sure you ground yourself before using your mbp!

12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    So long as it only happens when you first sit down, it's probably just a static charge that you've built up. I get the same thing at my PowerBook every winter. Not to mention whenever I get out of my car.

Now, if your fingers get all tingly when you touch the case (and it's not, well, excitement at having such a pretty computer or something) then you should be concerned.

The problem appears only when the AC plug is not grounded. Whenever I use the plug that has the grounding I do not feel that electricity.

Hope this helps...

i havent been shocked by my mpb but.. then the power cable is plugged in the case kinda feels different, i guess its to do with the magsafe plug, and it doesnt really bother me that much, but intregued if anyone else has felt this

Bristol, UK
    MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
    Yeah I get this. Feels sorta different. Apple discussions say its caused by a minute current running thru the outer casing when plugged in. Officially they say its nothing to be concerned about.
    Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...

Thread Information