New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - future teacher

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

turnagain

I am currently back in school to get a degree in education and already have a BA in Art. So my question is I need to get a new computer as well as a mobile one. I would like to have it for as many years as I can squeeze out of it. It will be used as my personal computer and school computer, class projects. I am really interested in the i life software and using it with students. Now should I go with the macbook or macbook pro? I like the size and battery of the macbook for portability but the MBP has the lager screen and better graphics card.
QUOTE Thanks
bishopazrael

bishopazrael can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 15" 1.83ghz MBP/ 1.5gbRAM/ 250gb ext hdd/ 19" external display/ MX Laser mouse/ Sony w810 cell/

If you can afford it, go with the MB Pro. I've got it, and I dont regret it. Well.. wait. OK... the real reason you would go with the MBP is if you need the extra horsepower in the video card dept. There are other differneces, but they're slight. The video card is the doozie. If you need that, then go with the mbp, if not just get the macbook. Either way though, max out the ram and get an external hard drive for extra storage.

Good luck
QUOTE Thanks
turnagain

thanks for the input, ya at first i was all about the macbook but the more i look at both, the MBP looks like i will get a longer life out of. i think ill probly start with 1 g or ram and upgrade as needed in the future myself.
also any pros cons on glossy display?
QUOTE Thanks
bishopazrael

bishopazrael can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 15" 1.83ghz MBP/ 1.5gbRAM/ 250gb ext hdd/ 19" external display/ MX Laser mouse/ Sony w810 cell/

um... the glossy displays... well I havent seen the macbook in person, ive got the mbp... i prefer mine... i had one of those "truebrite" or whatever everyone calls it... its different my brand, but its the same screen from mainland china.... I had one and I hated it when the sun got on it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro 1.83GHz? | Trying to get online... Any ideas? »