New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macbook/Free iPod Nano Promotion?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Macbooker

Later this week I'm going to buy a Macbook and iPod Nano before i head back to school.

I'm curious about the promotion. What information do I need to put in to prove to Apple I'm a college student?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

At the store you need a student ID and your drivers license for verification. Online I am not sure what their process is. Go to the apple store for education and see if your school participates to make sure you are eligible

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Macbooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
At the store you need a student ID and your drivers license for verification. Online I am not sure what their process is. Go to the apple store for education and see if your school participates to make sure you are eligible
Thanks...I checked and my school does participate. If its shipped under someone elses name I'll still be able to get the rebate, right?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I don't think so. I think it has to all be under the same name

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Macbooker

Ok. Luckily I haven't ordered yet. Thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
Fiwi

Fiwi is an unknown at this point

I ordered mine via telephone & didn't need any proof of enrollment AND I got a $100 student rebate too!
QUOTE Thanks
Dr Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbooker
Thanks...I checked and my school does participate. If its shipped under someone elses name I'll still be able to get the rebate, right?
I ordered under my name but paid with my mum's credit card (I was 200 short) - called Apple and told them my details, university's(or College) name and all is smooth.

Just awaiting my first mac to be delivered, sad to say, got at least a week to wait neye:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« auto log off?? | DVD Writing »