Toronto, Canada
    13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
    Smile Will the MacBook heat affect overall longevity?
    I was checking out the macbook @ futureshop (in canada) and have to admit it is a beautiful machine as most people will attest to. I definitely enjoyed the additional room on the keyboard and the bigger widescreen compared to my ibook g4. The glossy screen is nice and vibrant but I do prefer the matte screen b/c of no reflection. That being said after looking @ the macbook screen and going to the 17 and 20 inch imacs, the macbook screen did seem brighter and sharper! I did not notice any heat when typing but when I did flip it over I noticed the corner of the computer was really hot compared to how hot my ibook gets. I am considering upgrading my laptop and was wondering if this type of heat will affect the internal components and the casing in the long run. I am assuming the heat can't be really reduced b/c of the new powerful processors and the thin design but I will definitely agree that the machine was pretty hot.

No, it won't.
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Beating a dead horse...They don't get that hot, and no, they won't retire early because of the heat. It shouldn't be a concern.

Southampton, UK
    MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
    Also get the latest SMC update and the heat issue has been addressed.
    On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!

Thread Information