New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - help!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

please help

hello im A neewbe so bare with me ok?
ok i got a powerbook from my school for school purposes only but i need to install programs on my eternal harddrive but i cant do this becuz the administrter block it out but i figured out that if i can get the lime wire program files like if isome one make the lime wire program files into a zip i can put it on to my external hardrive and yea so i just need some one to please install lime work for the os x macs on there laptop and please send me the zip file please i can realy use this
QUOTE Thanks
Roo

Roo will become famous soon enough

#1 - While I don't think this matters much, your computer is a Powerbook, while this forum is an iBook forum.

#2 - I have no clue what you said. O.O
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I hope you are not talking about Piracy. Talk about Piracy is not allowed here on Mac Forums.
QUOTE Thanks
please help

i have a apple ibook g4 sorry i wasnt clear last night but i wasnt talkin bout piracy..... atleast i dont think i was i just needed the program files for limewire but i fixed it already i firgured a new way around it
but yea thanks for not being a holes like a lot of ppl are thanks see youz l8ter
QUOTE Thanks
macdillon

macdillon is a jewel in the roughmacdillon is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.

Holy run on sentance, batman.

She doesn't get enough cocaine
She doesn't get enough hard
She doesn't get enough pure
She doesn't get enough
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

please work on your punctuation and sentence structure. i have no clue what your problem was but im glad you got it fixed!!!!!
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Sydrocentric

Holy moly. I thought you were in school!
QUOTE Thanks
please help

sorry dudes,

lol i am used to aim and myspace. Im not used to using puncuation unless i need to use it. Lol i guess if i stick around i hone my skills. any way sorry again.
~rob

p.s ~ What i was tring to say was that i am getting home schooled. the school provided me with a i book g4. the problem that i was have was that i couldnt install any programs because they blocked that out. so i figured out a way of geting around this and that was to get the files for i.e limewire and just cut and paste the program files to my pc. i hope i am being clear now r
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Hi rob,

Practising good grammar and punctuation can do you no wrong, and glad you sorted it out.
QUOTE Thanks
please help

lol thanks,
Now my new problem is that i want aim on it. but i cant because the aim program uses a host site that is blocked by content blocker. So now i need to figure out how im going to get around this new issue but then again beggers cant be choosers right? anywya thank for the lesson
~rob
BTW i am a new mac user i just converted from pc and omg! i love this friggin thing it so easy to use. seriously though if only microsoft knew what they was doin
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

Have a search on the forums for AIM client issues - there are many. Basically, don't use it - it's bobbins. Use iChat or AdiumX instead. There's plenty of discussion of this issue to jump into
QUOTE Thanks
please help

Ok so i tried it and to my dismay there is an anti perv software called content barrier. so it blocked out the chat programs and i was looking thru the program, and it has a back featur thing basicaly. if i can get past the anti perv thing it will block the chat client if say thing like lol ,um can i c u, <3 you know that chat lingo. I think that this school is serious about distrections. but the fact that i cant use a chat client is ok i dont realy need it. :doctor: ill be ok im goinh to try to figure out what key server is it wont let me open any programs. makes me so made it says denies student.
QUOTE Thanks
LSK6453

LSK6453 is an unknown at this point

There is a lesson to be learned here:

Home School sucks!
QUOTE Thanks
please help

Not realy because where i live
is like the o.c. , degrassy..... and i dont know but yea kids where i live are completly different from my people in new york. like in ny ppl is str8t wit you like ..... they will tell you "yo i dont like you famz" but up here ppl is two faced and i mean two faced. so home school is away to get away from these a holes there are down sides mostly the social part but it cool. like i can take my ib wit me and go to star bucks or where ever i dont need to be sorrounded by concrete
QUOTE Thanks
macpwns

macpwns has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by please help
Not realy because where i live
is like the o.c. , degrassy..... and i dont know but yea kids where i live are completly different from my people in new york. like in ny ppl is str8t wit you like ..... they will tell you "yo i dont like you famz" but up here ppl is two faced and i mean two faced. so home school is away to get away from these a holes there are down sides mostly the social part but it cool. like i can take my ib wit me and go to star bucks or where ever i dont need to be sorrounded by concrete
Did anybody understand what was said in that???
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Shut Down or Sleep? | Turned off but stays on?? »