New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Merom

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gundampilotspaz

Appleinsider reports that Apple is preparing for product launches as early as September:

Based on various reports from around the world, the Cupertino, Calif.-based company this week is placing WWDC '06 in the rear-view mirror and shifting gears towards its fall product line refreshes, which are due to start turning up next month.
This along with reports end-of-life notices for Apple's current iPod nano are suggestive of imminent product refreshes. This correlates with a recent Chinese report that Apple is readying both of its laptop models for Core 2 Duo "Merom" CPUs next month.

Readers will remember that pre-WWDC reports also claimed that Apple had placed large orders of Core 2 Duo processors, with analyst speculation of the same.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1965
QUOTE Thanks
lionel

lionel will become famous soon enough

Woohoo, can't wait.

Should have my money by then
QUOTE Thanks
bloom

bloom is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 2 GB RAM 30" HD Cinema Display iPhone 8GB Video iPod 30GB & 80GB

price difference to the macbook pro out now?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

highly doubtful

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Aslain

Aslain is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB

Maybe I just don't get it, but I don't understand when people make a big deal out of the latest chip as if their decision to purchase completely hinges on it. It's almost as if the someone is giving them the option between a Merom MacBook and a hot steaming pile of crap. (Wait to purchase unless you want to get that poop!).The machines out now are amazingly fast and wonderful machines. If a Merom MacBook came out next week, I wouldn't bat an eyelash. My machine is a wonderful one which has met and exceeded my expectations.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help! | Trouble exporting photos from iphoto on mac mini to Macbook »