New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Continuing NOISE in macbook pro??!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eddie2369

Just came back to London from Hong Kong this morning. My macbook pro was perfectly fine before the trip.
However when I start the machine when I came back, there is a loud continously noise on the left handside of the mousepad. 'hardrive' maybe??

Please help....this is driving me crazy...

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Well, as far as I know the Hard Drive is on the left side of the Trackpad toward the front. Is that where the noise is? What does it sound like? Was the MBP with you on the plane or in the baggage? Just wondering if it was not with you and maybe dropped or banged.
QUOTE Thanks
eddie2369

Yes, thats where the sound is coming from. Its just sounds like its movin continiously with sudden sounds comin out...however it'll get less when i work on the MBP. e.g. moving the scrolling bar in safari. When I'm not movin the bar or anthing else, the sound will get louder again.

It was with me on the plane, without any knocks or fall...

Really need help!

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
eddie2369

I just plugged in the powersource, the noise is gone. However when I disconnect it, the noise appears again?

Any ideas of what is wrong?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Software update leads to no airport | Best way to sell iBook G4? »