No batteries availeble, hardware issue
    After using my MacBook in the evening - i turn it off to let it be for the night. The day after I turn it on again without success - then i plug in th ac adaptor - works fine. But the battery in the top right corner has a cross instead of time or percentage. then i click on it, an it says "No Batteries Availeble"
    What is wrong? tough luck?

try removing and reinserting the battery, if that doesnt work, try resetting the PMU

if that doesnt work, call apple and ask for a new battery. good luck!

#2 Thanks, ill try that - ill let you know if it works - only thing im worried about is that batteries are not included in warrenty as it is a consumable...

Hmm - i tried now - did not work - guess ill have to call the apple guys, no other ideas? anyone?

for something like that the battery is definately under warranty. if say 6 months down the road you tell them it doesnt last long, that wouldnt be covered. but what your talking about now is 100% absolutely covered. (unless like you dropped your macbook in a toliet or something)

In the warrenty documentation it states under exclusions and limitations: "to consumable parts, such as batteries" but afterwards it is mentioned "unless damage has occoured due to a defect in material or workmanship" - so i guess i was wrong, i was just quite furious when this problem occoured.

Thread Information