oo3
    Some web pages not loading.
    I am having a problem with firefox/safari. Some web pages I'm trying to access (myspace.com, mozilla.com, among others) will not load. I get the message "Unable to Connect." Most other pages will load just fine.

I've tried clearing out the cache but it doesn't work.

What else can I try? Could it be something with the router?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    What version of Mac OSX you running and on what machine? It really sounds like a problem with something outside the Mac like Router or ISP. All those sites you listed should go right in without a problem and do here on every Mac in the house with Safari or Firefox. I had a friend a couple of years back who had that almost exact problem and it was her Linksys router with flaky Firmware. Do you have another system you could try on the router like a PC? See if the problem is on another machine also? I am taking a guess here with this, but have seen it before.

Good Luck. Trying another machine would be your best bit to troubleshoot and see if it's your Mac or the internet connection.

Specs:
    iBook G4 OSX Tiger
    I recently had a similar problem. Some pages would load extremely slowly, others wouldn't load at all. I'm not sure what the problem was but it was fixed when my ISP rebooted the modem.

I would try another computer on the network and see if you are having the same problem. I would also try restarting your router. That has solved a lot of problems for me in the past. If that doesn't work, give your ISP a call and see if they can help you.

oo3
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    What version of Mac OSX you running and on what machine? It really sounds like a problem with something outside the Mac like Router or ISP. All those sites you listed should go right in without a problem and do here on every Mac in the house with Safari or Firefox. I had a friend a couple of years back who had that almost exact problem and it was her Linksys router with flaky Firmware. Do you have another system you could try on the router like a PC? See if the problem is on another machine also? I am taking a guess here with this, but have seen it before.

Good Luck. Trying another machine would be your best bit to troubleshoot and see if it's your Mac or the internet connection.
    My pc mobo fried so i couldn't use the internet, but i used my pda that has access to my router via wifi and it loads just fine. I also used my friend's pda as well.

I have OS X 10.4.7 on my Macbook Pro.

I too have a linksys router. I'll see if there's an update for it.

Thread Information