New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Good deal on 2GB ram right now

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ak1nza

ak1nza will become famous soon enough

Just surfin the web and saw this deal online. I've already upgraded to 2GB but I paid 20 bux more than this and had to pay shipping.

Outpost has Patriot PC5300/DDR667 2GB for $120 shipped after rebate. Good deal. Link is here:

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4789099

I don't work for Outpost or Patriot or anything like that. I do have Patriot ram in my PC and it's working just perfect.

Just thought I'd pass on a good deal to my fellow Macbookers.

:black:

Oh and I still have 1GB (2x512) OEM ram sticks if anyone wants to buy them off me. PM Me.

BLACK MACBOOK (2GHZ, 2GB HDD, 80GB HDD, SUPERDRIVE) <=> RED APPLE LOGO!
QUOTE Thanks
spaztaz

when i select "put in cart' it goes to a screen that says "cart is empty" anybody know wtf is going on because i can afford $120 for 2gb ram...i would love to buy this ram for my macbook
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaztaz
when i select "put in cart' it goes to a screen that says "cart is empty" anybody know wtf is going on because i can afford $120 for 2gb ram...i would love to buy this ram for my macbook
I am not sure, but may be you have to sign-up before adding to a cart. :dummy:
QUOTE Thanks
spaztaz

link doesnt even work anymore, that makes me sad
QUOTE Thanks
ak1nza

Sorry you missed it. The rebate was over yesterday anyways unfortunately.

QUOTE Thanks
spaztaz

if anybody can find a better deal than $160 shipped for 2gb of ram (no rebates required) please post here as i am going to order in a week...$109 would have been freaking perfect but wat can u do...also has anybody used optival memory? my $160 price and brand name is fro this add:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i dont wwant to order if its a bad brand lol
QUOTE Thanks
ak1nza

Just keep your eye on Newegg.com. They regularly have one day specials on a lot of items including ram. I purchased my G-Skill 1GB ram modules for just under 75 shipped each. The total I paid for 2 gb was just under $150 shipped.

That's gonna save you like $10... Dunno if the wait will be worth the $10 for you.

QUOTE Thanks
spaztaz

cud u link me to the gskill ram on newegg that is compatible with the macbook, thanks (sry i get confused, there is SO much ram available on the net lol)
QUOTE Thanks
Deviant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaztaz
cud u link me to the gskill ram on newegg that is compatible with the macbook, thanks (sry i get confused, there is SO much ram available on the net lol)
I too would like a link to some cheap ram. The only site I found sell 2gb for $195 which I thought was a good deal but apparently I'm wrong. It's this http://www.transintl.com/macupgrades/index.cfm
QUOTE Thanks
Anil_robo

Anil_robo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant
I too would like a link to some cheap ram. The only site I found sell 2gb for $195 which I thought was a good deal but apparently I'm wrong. It's this http://www.transintl.com/macupgrades/index.cfm
I got two of this stick for a total of $164 shipped. I hope it's compatible with macbook 1.83 GHz, and I hope it's a good buy. I hate mail-in-rebates.
QUOTE Thanks
ak1nza

Here is the link for the G-Skill ram I purchased:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231069

Here is a link to see all the compatible 1GB ram sticks that Newegg sells. They are all 200 pin SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ubcategory=381

:black:

QUOTE Thanks
qpid

I have the same ram as ak1nza and it is working great in my macbook, i swapped it from my dell that had it previously
QUOTE Thanks
spaztaz

wud that $66 ram (1gb) work with the macbook? i assume so but has anybody used it? (i'm referring to the link of all compatible macbook ram from ak1nza)
QUOTE Thanks
spaztaz

nm its out of stock i'm getting 2gb of the gigaram (comes up to like $151 with shipping, not bad and i save $9 lol and NO rebates!)
QUOTE Thanks
Deviant

Does anyone know if Newegg ships to Canada?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« converting wma files | Selling ibook »