New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

power supply clicks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mattk

the actual lil box for the powersupply is clicking when plugged in. If i plug it into my computer, the charge status light beginds flashing every time it clicks. And the computer then makes the clicking noise.....

and ideas?? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
fasheezy

fasheezy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk
the actual lil box for the powersupply is clicking when plugged in. If i plug it into my computer, the charge status light beginds flashing every time it clicks. And the computer then makes the clicking noise.....

and ideas?? Thanks.
i think i know what you're talking about and if it is what i think it is, then i had the same problem too. i would plug in my power adapter to the PowerBook and the charge indicating light on the power adapter would blink and make a clicking noise which corresponded to the blinking. the battery wouldn't charge and the computer would not recognize that the power adaptor was plugged in. i took it to the apple store to get it serviced and it turns out that the power adapter that i had was defective. they gave me a new one and i haven't had problems since and i leave my PowerBook plugged in all the time when i'm at home. as long as you're still under warranty, you should be able to get a new power adaptor.
QUOTE Thanks
unl33t

i've had a problem with mine that is similar. when leaving my PB plugged in overnight, the power supply tends to stop charging. if i unplug it, then re-plug it into the wall nothing happens. but if i disconnect the grounding cord from the actual box unit then connect them again, its fine for about 2 days. i think i'm going to have it looked at soon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recording using Garageband | .start up items. »