RAM Question: Identical Sticks or Mismatched Sticks?

Lightbulb RAM Question: Identical Sticks or Mismatched Sticks?
    Everywhere I go, I hear many different takes on this. I have searched these forums and still no answer. I would just really like to know which is true. Does having Identical capacities of RAM matter? Or is it just fine to have mismatched sticks of RAM?

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    As far as I know: No.

The chipset used supports asymetrical RAM, and can even enable dual channel access (I think that's what it's called) with mismatched RAM.

Even if it couldn't, the speed difference is fairly negligible from what I've read.

there was a review (i forget where I read it) but there was a review someehwere and the tests showed that perf was better... btw the non mobile chipset can do asymetrical, but the mobile chipset (what we have) prefers matched sticks
    MacBook White [2Ghz] [2Gb RAM] [60Gb HDD] [Super Duper Drive]
    People that keep telling others to search = a**holes, instead be positive, and help, if you have nothing to say, leave the thread alone

here ya go...

DO MATCHED PAIRS OF MEMORY HELP?
    We've done some matched versus unmatched memory tests on the Intel Mac mini (which has virtually indentical architecture to the MacBook 13"). In the case of the Intel Mac mini, Quake 3 saw a 51% gain from matched memory pairs while Doom 3 saw an 18% gain. As for Productivity Apps, matched pairs gave iMovie HD a 3% boost and Photoshop CS a 4% boost.
    http://www.barefeats.com/mbcd3.html
    People that keep telling others to search = a**holes, instead be positive, and help, if you have nothing to say, leave the thread alone

Quote Originally Posted by taseal

51% from matched memory? I wish the would have posted the details on how they figured that. It just doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis
    51% from matched memory? I wish the would have posted the details on how they figured that. It just doesn't sound right.
    I doubt they would make it up :shrug:

Thread Information