New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - language of the OS X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zen master

are there different OS X for each language?
or you choose a language when first boot?
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

You choose a language when you install the system.
You can also choose a language in System preferences in the international pref.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yeah, OS X is multilingual out of the box and is flexible enough to even allow each user to use the system in a different language.

Just change the setting in system prefs, log out and back in, and you'll have the new language.

Most apps also support different languages (some freeware doesn't though...) except for Microsoft Office - figures!
QUOTE Thanks
taseal

taseal will become famous soon enough

can I install turkish for it? there is no option for turkish....

I know there is OSX in turkish because all the apples in my dad's office are turkish lol

MacBook White [2Ghz] [2Gb RAM] [60Gb HDD] [Super Duper Drive]
People that keep telling others to search = a**holes, instead be positive, and help, if you have nothing to say, leave the thread alone
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich
Most apps also support different languages (some freeware doesn't though...) except for Microsoft Office - figures!
Lots of other professional software is unilingual too, like all Adobe programs, Macromedia, I think Quark also, though am not sure.
MS Office at least costs the same, whatever language you buy, while Adobe software is more expensive when you buy a non-english version.

Not to take off the blame from Microsoft, but many other big companies work that way.

It's interesting that the cheaper the software is, the higher are the chances that it comes multilingual... :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
taseal

Quote:
Yeah, OS X is multilingual out of the box and is flexible enough to even allow each user to use the system in a different language.

Just change the setting in system prefs, log out and back in, and you'll have the new language.

I just downloaed the turkish lang support from apple's turkish website, and installed it, but the finder menu and all are still in english

I think what he meant to say was change the language fully... from like popup error boxes to finder menu etc.

People that keep telling others to search = a**holes, instead be positive, and help, if you have nothing to say, leave the thread alone
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

That's exactly what happens when you select the language in the international preference:

All dialogue boxes, menu etc. appear in the new language you selected.

Did you log out and back in again? It doesn't show up until you do that otherwise...
QUOTE Thanks
taseal

yeah I did.... I restarted as well

QUOTE Thanks
taseal

anyone?

I took out al the lang. cept turkish but everything is still english

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Hmmm, just tried it here and it didn't work either, but I didn't download the language pack, I just added it from the 'edit languages' menu.

Here a thought: Did you ever run monolingual or delocalizer on your system to free up space?
QUOTE Thanks
taseal

Quote:
Hmmm, just tried it here and it didn't work either, but I didn't download the language pack, I just added it from the 'edit languages' menu.

Here a thought: Did you ever run monolingual or delocalizer on your system to free up space?
what do u mean monolingual? asin just have one on there? yeah, i jsut just turkish, but everything was still in english... not sure what delocalizer is

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

No: Monolingual is a utility that deletes additional language files to help save room. If you run it, you'll have to reinstall os x to get back the old language files.

Delocalizer is the same.
QUOTE Thanks
taseal

nope, never ran that

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

I'd call apple then. You still have 90 days of free telephone support - have them sort this out for you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« battery optimization? | Can I do this with my macbook pro? »