New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

The 13.3 inch screen is HUGE

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NikBhat

NikBhat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram

I am not sure why but my 13.3 inch macbook feels easily as large as a 15.4 powerbook. Obviously it is not, but I barely notice the compromise in size. 13.3 is definitly the sweet spot for a portable multimedia device, but perhaps it is infact a shame that Apple ditched the ultra portable 12 inch.

So my question is does anyone else feel like the 13.3 inch is the perfect size?
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I'll let you know when I get mine.. Currently on a 15.4" Powerbook and I love it. I'm personally glad they did away with teh 21.1" iBook/Powerbook.. the 13.3" looks sick
QUOTE Thanks
NikBhat

The 15.4 inch screen is even too big to open in a coach seat on Air France. That is what turned me off from buying the MBP.

ps: i do a lot of traveling.
QUOTE Thanks
devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkr0x0r
I'm personally glad they did away with teh 21.1" iBook/Powerbook.. the 13.3" looks sick
21.1" ibook -- that'd be amazing! hehe :spook:
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Haha my bad.. 12.1"
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

yeah I agree the 13 inch is just right, the nice thing is since its widescreen it looks even bigger.
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkr0x0r
.. the 13.3" looks sick
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think the high resolution of the 13.3" macbook screen makes it feel much bigger simply by having so much screen real estate on such a tiny device.
QUOTE Thanks
NikBhat

yeha that is exactly it. Good resolution and incredible quality. I downloaded teh Cars trailer from Apple.com becuase I knew it was a colorful movie. I was astonished when I saw the clarity and vividness of colors. I recommend that everyone who recieves a new Macbook download the Cars trailer and sit back and be amazed.
QUOTE Thanks
ShillAT

ShillAT has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!

Does the 15.4" PB really not fit in an airplane coach seat? I know my MBP is smaller, but I'm kinda worried now. I don't travel a huge amount, but when I do, it's long international flights where i NEED my MBP.

"You can play your electric guitar but it ain’t gonna change the world
You can get all emotional on me and cry like a little girl"
-Electric Six- Rock 'n Roll Evacuation- Señor Smoke
QUOTE Thanks
NikBhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShillAT
Does the 15.4" PB really not fit in an airplane coach seat? I know my MBP is smaller, but I'm kinda worried now. I don't travel a huge amount, but when I do, it's long international flights where i NEED my MBP.

My brother has a 15.4 inch G4 Powerbook, presumably though its a bit thicker than the new MBP. We flew from St. Louis, Missouri to Atlanta, Georgia. This was a small plane and a very short flight. Never the less we busted the powerbook out to play some Super Mario 3 and to no avail. There was no room to play. From Georgia we flew to Paris, France. This was on Air France (coach class), again, 15 inch was too large to use in the seats. We could not even get the screen open to a good enough spot to make the computer comfortable to use. Then we flew from Paris to Bombay, India on a brand new Air India plane. This one ALSO did not accomodate for 15 inch computers. Although it was more spacious than Air France. These are my experiences, Im not trying to scare you or anything but we were not able to travel with the 15 inch very easily. That is why I was intiially all stoaked to get the 12 inch, until they eliminated it. Perhaps Business class or First class (definitly) will acomodate better. But hey, traveling with 4 people to India is not cheap so we went with coach
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Lots of low-end 15" PC laptops only have a resolution of 1280x800 anyway, so the mb feels like a 15" and the mbp feels like a 17" to most people.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo
21.1" ibook -- that'd be amazing! hehe :spook:
as a desktop replacement ya. i wouldnt want to carry it round much !
QUOTE Thanks
BlueBacchus

BlueBacchus is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD

Yeah, I feel and think that the 13inch size is just "perfect".
Ideal for taking it with to school and my work, and also the ocasional traveling.
Cannot complain, but rather just feel as NikBhat as concluded.
I just love my new "toy".

My Avatar says it all.
QUOTE Thanks
NikBhat

I am enjoying my macbook immensley right now. If only the MBP came in a 12 or 13...then we would be in heaven.
QUOTE Thanks
BlueBacchus

BlueBacchus is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD

I just wish that the macbooks get a dedicated graphics card next time around.
I would not mind the extra price, as long as I can have the 13 inch widescreen.

My Avatar says it all.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp Problems with 17" MacBook Pro | I want to upgrade my internal HD. »