DeathToPCs
    Would this void my warranty?
    I saw this site from another member on here and wanted to know before I went and sent out my MacBook there to have it done if it would void my warranty. Basicly it just paints the plastic pieces of the MacBook in an color you want.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/...?configid=1228

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    yea probably will void it because they wont be apple certified technicians ripping apart your computer. the best way to find out is to call apple and have them send you their oppinion on it in writing before you send it out. i am sure they know about this company and what they do.

and having it in writing may eliminate problems down the road "The guy on the phone 2 years ago said it wont void my warranty" vs. "here is a written document from you saying it wont void my warranty"
    -chrris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Colorware is pretty reliable and they do good work. That being said, it would be easier to buy the computer directly from them, that way you know it's under warranty.

DeathToPCs
    Why would I buy one from them when I already have one. I want to have this done to mine and dont want to purchase a new one.

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    I wasn't saying you should, simply that that would be the best way to ensure there were no warranty issues.

DeathToPCs
    yeah, If I would have know about it before I bought mine I would have gotten it from them. I am going to call Apple today and see what they tell me.

DeathToPCs
    Just called Apple and a high level adminsistrative person and they said that it will not void the warranty by just having the case painted. They said that if the computer is damaged by them painting it then it would void the warranty. But just painting it will not void it. also Colorware warranties the internal components for 30 days after painting the product. So far sounds good.

Specs:
    iBook
    so, after reading the apple warranty, they reserve the right to not uphold a warranty after the computer has been "customized" or "modified". So they say it won't now, but who knows who you could talk to down the road who says the warranty is void.

DeathToPCs
    They are going to send me a letter telling me that painting the case will not void the warranty unless it gets damaged from the paint. They also said that if later on the casing is damaged from something that they will only replace it with a white original part and not a colored part. That is understandable. But from what it sounds like they are telling me that I can have it done and it will still be under my Apple Care Warranty, unless the paint damages the internals. I spoke to Colorware and they said that they test the system before its painted and after its painted to make sure that everything is working properly like it was.

do they paint it glossy or can they do it matte like the black macbook? just curious... I like mine white, but I was curious

cayqel
    Has anyone tried re-painting a white macbook on their own? I was thinking about using something like model car paint.

man, its like 500 bux to get ur macbook painted, thats alot of $$$$$$$
    MacBook White [2Ghz] [2Gb RAM] [60Gb HDD] [Super Duper Drive]
    People that keep telling others to search = a**holes, instead be positive, and help, if you have nothing to say, leave the thread alone

Thread Information