macbook battery life

macbook battery life
    Hi I tried searching for an 'average' battery life for macbooks. One person said that s/he has 3 hours max on their macbook. my lappy operates for about 3.5 hours unplugged. this is way better than the dead battery on my old laptop, but i believe i read that the macbooks are suppose to run for 6 hours on battery. So, i'm a little disappointed. But would other macbook owners be kind enough to throw in their battery life to help me guage the severity of my disappointment? thanks.

macbook battery life
    Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Depends on what you're doing, but for "normal" surfing and working, I get around 4 hours with the brightness fairly high and airport on.

macbook battery life
    Specs:
    MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
    I get between 3 and 5 hours, generally speaking. If I'm doing a lot of stuff that requires heavy processing, it can drop pretty fast, but for a moderate level of use (documentation, coding, browsing, irc) I get about 5.

Rock Hardwell
    Quote Originally Posted by poster
    Hi I tried searching for an 'average' battery life for macbooks. One person said that s/he has 3 hours max on their macbook. my lappy operates for about 3.5 hours unplugged. this is way better than the dead battery on my old laptop, but i believe i read that the macbooks are suppose to run for 6 hours on battery. So, i'm a little disappointed. But would other macbook owners be kind enough to throw in their battery life to help me guage the severity of my disappointment? thanks.
    The battery life really depends on what is running on your computer. Turning Bluetooth and Airport off adds more battery life. If you're running programs that require a lot of the processor, then the battery won't last as long. I've gotten about four or five hours by turning Bluetooth off and only running iChat or Safari.

macbook battery life
    Specs:
    MacBook
    All of the above suggestions are good.
    A better suggestion would be to search the forums as there are already several threads that discuss this very same issue.
    :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

macbook battery life

Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    All of the above suggestions are good.
    A better suggestion would be to search the forums as there are already several threads that discuss this very same issue.
    :black:

i looked! but perhaps my searching skills are lacklustre. sorry.

Thread Information