New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - 99% full?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Matthew_love84

Matthew_love84 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g

well, after finally figuring out what was wrong with my battery not wanting to charge, somehow my friend and I had swapped charges before his move and I got left with a 45w charger opposed to 65w charger..

well, my battery charged VERY slowly, but then overnight charged itself to about 80%.. then 100%.. but now, after using it a bit w/o the charger it's saying that the battery is charged at 99% and the charger light is green..

so what does this mean?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

the green light means its fully charged, it usally doesnt get to 100% mine only says 99% full
QUOTE Thanks
Matthew_love84

thanks menace....

another question, do you sometimes get the "plug" icon when it's plugged in charging? mine's been charing from about 55%. and is going back and forth from the lightning bolt to the charger plug.. but is slowly charging it seems.. maybe about 3% in the past hour.

The light on the charger is staying orange though.

should it be shut while charging?

when the lightning bolt comes up, sometimes it says "193:xx" until full, but then goes way down.. odd?
QUOTE Thanks
Matthew_love84

also, it's been hung up on 60% now for almost an hour.. but now it's hit 61%.. it's like it only wants to charge when the computer's open.

hmmm..
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

it charges whether open/close or on/off so that shouldn't be an issue. the only possibility is that the connection is loose, or maybe a bad charger/battery. mine will go to the fully charged symbol (even if it isnt) if i just turn it on, or restart it, but will quickly thereafter go back to the charging symbol. if thats what your experiencing, then its normal. but the hanging thing isnt normal, i would def go to an apple store (if its under warranty still) download coconutbattery if you haven't already http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

and it will tell you the physical state of your battery. good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
Matthew_love84

menace, I just recently got a new charger so i'm rather sure that isnt the problem.. The computer isnt under warrenty anymore either. I'm wondering if there could be somethign internally wrong with the computer.. besides the battery.. since it had charged to a full 100% just this morning.

can these things be a bit tempermental sometimes??
QUOTE Thanks
Matthew_love84

oh and also, i downloaded the coconut battery software, doesnt say anythings wrong.. just that it isnt charging unless the lightning bolt is in the battery, then it is.

QUOTE Thanks
crapbook

diconect power and battery, and push the on button for 10 seconds, it'll rest the power management..

my battery says 622hrs untill full.. why do girlfriends always spill drinks on laptops
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapbook
why do girlfriends always spill drinks on laptops
Sounds like the laptops get more time than the girlfriends.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Palm/Wirst Guards | Is this the right time to buy a mac? »