New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

strange beeping sound

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chris041067

about 3 minutes ago my 15" pb Al just stared making this high pitched beeping noise...its fairly quiet but it is bugging the heck out of me and im wondering what it is? its kindof a constant ring..but every few seconds it will sorta studder... how might i get this to stop? my pb was completely silent for the 2 weeks i have owned it.
QUOTE Thanks
chris041067

ok so i restarted and it went away...but im still wondering what it is and what caused it?
QUOTE Thanks
CMBlechar

You and I can relate to a lot of things you know. My PB does the same thing. Does yours do it often. mine only does it every now and then. I'll see what I can find out about it and I'll let you know but please if you find out before I do let me know becasue i can agree with you it is freaking annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
fasheezy

fasheezy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD

it's the hard drive spinning realy fast. mine does the same thing too. i thought there was something wrong with my powerbook too, but other people seem to have the same experience and they all seem to be confident that it's just the hard drive spinning really fast from time to time.
QUOTE Thanks
chris041067

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasheezy
it's the hard drive spinning realy fast. mine does the same thing too. i thought there was something wrong with my powerbook too, but other people seem to have the same experience and they all seem to be confident that it's just the hard drive spinning really fast from time to time.
no i really dont think it is the hard drive. it has never made this noise before, and it is fairly loud.i know what the HD sounds like and this isnt it.
QUOTE Thanks
EYPUFF

EYPUFF is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive

I know wut you're talking about. It happens when i'm doing massive processing or transferring files from one computer to another via a ethernet connection.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« need a car adapter... | Please help - G3 400Mhz Lombard recognizes 256MB SODIMM as 128MB? »