New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - Problem sending signal to LCD projectors

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tenoates

tenoates is on a distinguished road

Hi,

My iBook G4 comes with the standard VGA adapter. My problem is that some LCD projectors just won't show the screen output causing embarassing situations in some presentations I've had to make.

So far, the Panasonic PT-LC56E & Sanyo (not sure which model) projectors don't capture the display.

I thought this should not be a problem w/ macs.

Any possible solutions for this problem?

TIA
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

in system preferences you should be able to go to displays and then select 'mirror display' once everything is plugged in.

also with any sort of presentation you should always have
a) your stuff tested out about 20 minutes prior to giving the presentation to ensure that everything works
b) a backup plan, if you are doing powerpoint make sure that you have copies of it so that if it fails then you can give them as a handout or copies of anything else that might help if everything starts falling through

and remember people only know that a presentation is all messed up if you let them know that it is all messed up

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
eddiddiums

eddiddiums is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz

Amen coach_z. I worked desktop support for a university around here and I always set up rooms 30 minutes in advance. My customers did not like supprises and neither did I.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook won't recognize or eject CD! | Should i take it back? »