New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - To wait, or not to wait


Thread Closed

 
Thread Tools
macpwns

 
Member Since: Mar 09, 2006
Posts: 540
macpwns has a spectacular aura about

macpwns is offline
hey everyone,

ive been highly considering saving up for a macbook - i dont need the pro features of the mbp. i used to have a 14 inch ibook and i absolutely loved it. now i know the mb's are fantastic machines, and they are probably one of the hottest things on the market right now along with the mbp's, but my question is this: should i wait until the rev b's come out, or go ahead and buy one right now. i keep reading ALLLL these stories about overheating and an annoying buzzing noise coming from the mb's, which is definitely something i dont want to put up with...what do you guys think?
coltssaturday

 
coltssaturday's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 18, 2006
Location: 123.45.6.7
Posts: 827
coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

coltssaturday is offline
Your story is right about the problems about heating and stuff. But as some other people said in this forum: buy it when YOU need it!!
schweb

 
schweb's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 27, 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 13,198
schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

schweb is offline
Please use this thread:
To buy or not to buy? timing

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr


Thread Closed


« Macbook Optical Drive Noise | Can someone please help me (Macbook Pro) huge problem »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
MacBook Pro - To wait or not to wait? Spicky Apple Notebooks 29 05-15-2006 01:29 AM
ibook G4 or wait for the new iBook FAT MAN GO BOOM Apple Notebooks 6 04-20-2006 03:12 AM
Should I wait untill intel chips hit to switch? Abrodzinski Apple Desktops 9 02-01-2006 08:15 AM
To wait or not to wait Everett Apple Notebooks 4 12-26-2005 01:15 AM
Buy now or wait for Intel? aantoine90 Schweb's Lounge 15 06-28-2005 04:09 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?