Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Jangles
    MacBook heat issue...
    Sorry to make a thread about this as I am sure there are tons. My MacBook is great. I love it. However it hits temperatures of 60-70 degress celcius at times. I mean this thing is hotter than I had anticipated. My powerbook was hot but this thing is scorching.

I rearely put it on my lap, and it is hottest when attached to the mag connector, but are these temps safe? should I have it looked at or should I not worry about it? thanks.

I haven't yet recieved my macbook, but when I went to the apple store, I was messing around with it, and it was cool to the touch actually. I know the pro's have alot of heat trouble. But this is the first I have heard of the macbook 13". I would call apple

Jangles
    really? I have heard heat issues with all MacBook models.

I think I will call them tomorrow then.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    The White MacBook I messed with quite a bit the other night at CompUSA was only warm by the MagSafe connector. The rest of the machine was not that bad at all. I did not check the bottom as it was sort of locked into the display, but no way did it seem REAL HOT for a machine as powerfull as it is. Most modern laptops are far from cold. There is a lot of CPU power in a very small space.

Jangles
    Almost all of the heat is at the bottom of the machine. The entire back of the bottom is really hot. My PB was hot but this doubles it. I can deal with it but I just want to know if it is normal or worse, if it can damage my laptop.

gpc
    oh yes, you are right, mine is so hot too. what the **** is this stuff. I have to call them. I got this apple laptop in 4 days shipping, but it's so hot whenever I use.

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    check to make sure the vent on the very back of your macbook is not blocked, some units were shipped with a protective plastic piece on them still.
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Here ya go What Coach_Z said, but here is the report.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35931

Jangles
    yeah, I checked the vents. That was the first thing I did actually.

Is anyones MacBook hot as well other than me and gpc? I will probably take it in soon.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
    I have run my white macbook 2GHz for over 5 hours on and off the MagSafe and it gets noticably warm at the top of the keyboard, and quite hot underneath, but nowhere near the temperatures you're describing. I can certainly sit with it on my lap (with trousers) without it causing pain or discomfort.

Specs:
    Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
    yeah, i have the black macbook and it gets extremely hot. sometimes it gets up to 80 celsius, but that's only when i'm doing something really processor intensive like iMovie and flash movies in Firefox all at the same time. i think the temp is going to depend on how you're using it. if you're using it just for Word and Firefox and iChat then it won't get too hot and you also have to keep in mind that at places like the Apple store they have powerful A/C running all the time. i think ambient temperature definitely affects the heat inside your computer.

i actually went in to the apple store to see if there was an issue, but they said that if it doesn't crash or anything then there's nothing wrong with it. they said the macbook definitely runs hot, but that it's normal.

superdude
    fasheezy, try putting your macbook on a flat surface (non cloth based) and make sure the room temperature is not warm and see how hot it gets...you may also want to lower the brightness of your screen.

I havent recieved mine yet, but I will let all of you know once I get it..

Just put an ice pack underneath, and you'll be good to go! hahaha

Specs:
    Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
    yeah, i actually only use it on flat surfaces. i don't put it on my lap. IF i do then i use a lap desk, but the heat even goes through the desk and makes me sweat. but yeah, when i use it on a desk or something i can't really tell it's hot unless i pick it up and put my hand under the left side.

Specs:
    White Macbook
    yeah i am experiencing the same problems! is this normal?

Thread Information