06-01-2006, 11:10 PM #1
To upgrade RAM, or not to upgrade RAM?
- Member Since
- May 21, 2006
I have already decided on getting a 2.0GHz macbook because of the superdrive. But Iwas also thinking, should I upgrade the RAM? is it cheaper if I upgrade it when I buy it or should I just wait and buy one from another manufacturer? I've seen how easy it is to install the ram aswell..
Is it easy to find the exact RAM needed for a macbook? I'm afraid of buying the wrong kind of RAM and wasting my money because i'm not very computer-oriented on the uhh motherboard stuff.
Sorry if this is making no sense, but i'm new to upgrading my computers and such.
06-02-2006, 12:30 AM #2MacLifeGuest
Upgrade to the 1G trough apple, I just got my macbook black and it's runnin fast as **** out of the box, no headaches nothing it's a 100$ more
06-02-2006, 10:03 AM #3ordoviceGuest
It really does depend on your level of comfort doing the upgrade. From a pur price advantage, I'd say buy memory online and do the upgrade yourself. For about $170, you can get 2GB of Corsair memory, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than the $450 Apple wants.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By stephengoliver in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2012, 11:22 PM
By olibolly97 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 5Last Post: 02-01-2010, 04:08 PM
By chrismac in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 37Last Post: 07-06-2009, 06:41 AM
By Matug in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
By Nulifax in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 6Last Post: 03-01-2008, 02:10 PM