New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Black MacBook 13.3" Review

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

soulreaver99

soulreaver99 will become famous soon enough

Just finished writing it!

http://www.blackhaloinc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1190

Macbook Pro 15" 2011 | Intel Core i7 2.2ghz Quad Core | 8GB RAM | 500GB HDD | Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
iPhone 4 32GB | iPad 2 16GB | MacBook Air 11" Ultimate
visit the geeks office
QUOTE Thanks
Bluesmudge

Bluesmudge will become famous soon enough

It seemed very windows biased. For instance you liked bootcamp so that you could use outlook in windows? What's wrong with mail or euntorage? They are just as good or better.
Also, not a single real life test you did would have made any difference with a dedicated graphics card. That would really only matter for 3D gaming.
Overall a good review, but I thought some things were odd. For instance the keyboard, which I tried today seemed way better than apple's previous keyboards and seemed very high quality.
QUOTE Thanks
soulreaver99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmudge
It seemed very windows biased. For instance you liked bootcamp so that you could use outlook in windows? What's wrong with mail or euntorage? They are just as good or better.
Also, not a single real life test you did would have made any difference with a dedicated graphics card. That would really only matter for 3D gaming.
Overall a good review, but I thought some things were odd. For instance the keyboard, which I tried today seemed way better than apple's previous keyboards and seemed very high quality.
Have you seen Palm Desktop on MacOS? Doesn't work too great. Plus it screws up when you sync in between Mac and Windows. There is nothing wrong with Entourage nor Mail but I am not going to pay more money to use Missing Sync when BootCamp is free. What's wrong with liking BootCamp because it does what I want it to? I don't know how you assumed I am Windows Biased when I clearly emphasised that I enjoy using the MacOS over Windows on a number of things.

Macbook Pro 15" 2011 | Intel Core i7 2.2ghz Quad Core | 8GB RAM | 500GB HDD | Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
visit the geeks office
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I liked your review overall. You covered most everything that needed to be covered. I was just wondering about the Keyboard as so many seem to like it and think it's very high quality. Could be like with other keyboards and even mice, a personal thing. I know I am VERY PICKY about keyboard and mice too. I like KB's and Mice that other people can't stand.

The whole PDA sync thing can get to be a pain anyway between different OS's. I can understand why you needed Bootcamp for some of your things.

Very good review overall. Thanks a lot. Will help a lot of people.
QUOTE Thanks
soulreaver99

Thanks, I talked to other reviewers and they had some issues with the spacebar key as well.

visit the geeks office
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

I know it's a little thing, but Apple prduced black PowerBooks up until 2001, Silver and White haven't always been the norm.

Also, the physical size of the disc drive the MacBooks use is prohibitive to making dual-layer DVD burners.

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
CntrySigns

Thanks - Glad to hear I'm not the onlyone who hates palm desktop for mac. I tryed to use isync and even though I "enabled" everything it told me too I can't get it to work, so I'm gonna use boot camp for Palm and Pixie. 2 programs I prefer on my PC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HD not dead, can't get past white screen | Battery problems, 17" g4 »