New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - MacBook Memory and MacBook Pro Memory: The Same?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NoShow

Hey.

As per the title, is the memory the same on the MacBook as it is on the MacBook Pro?

I am ordering a 17" MBP for me and an entry level MacBook for my wife. I want to downgrade the ram in the 17" MBP order to 2x512 and then move that ram to the MacBook. I will then order 2 sticks of 1 GB for my MBP.

Is this possible?
QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShow
Hey.

As per the title, is the memory the same on the MacBook as it is on the MacBook Pro?

I am ordering a 17" MBP for me and an entry level MacBook for my wife. I want to downgrade the ram in the 17" MBP order to 2x512 and then move that ram to the MacBook. I will then order 2 sticks of 1 GB for my MBP.

Is this possible?
Yes, they use the same ram.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yep, it's the sam.

All intel macs use the same RAM type: intel iMacs, intel Mac minis, Macbooks & Macbook Pro's use interchangeable Ram.
QUOTE Thanks
NoShow

Thanks everyone for this insight!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« audio problems | battery question on my 2005 G4 Powerbook. »