New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Problems with MBP and Apple

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Adiversion

Adiversion is on a distinguished road

Who here like me has found all over the internet and forums problems about the first batch of 15" MacBook Pro's serial W8609 having the following problems:

Overheating to the point its uncomfortable in your lap.
Airport not connecting after awaking from sleep.
Aiport dropping signal.
Screen flickering.

Well according to some sites Apple will take it away and replace/repair it. I was on the phone to Apple for an hour and a half last night, speaking to 4 different departments. None of them new what i was talking about (serial batch order is faulty) They said that anything found on the internet and not on the apple website should be viewed at face value. In the end they offered to pick it up and repair it as its in its first 90 days of warranty. The guy on the phone thinks th Memory Logic Board will be replaced as there is a new version correcting some of these issues. In every case i made it clear what ever the solution was i wanted it sorted super quick as i need it for work. They said that two weeks repair time was standard.

Anyone else having the same problems with their MBP or with Apple?
Remember if your MBP serial number is higher or equal to W8610 then your fine, e.g. W8610, W8611, W8612. As these models have the new logic board.

I'll let you know how long the repair time takes.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

yes there is going to be huge lists and lists of people with problems with stuff on the interent because people come to forums and other places to state or complain about how their computer doesnt work. they dont go there to say how amazing it is working

i hope that anyone who has been having problems gets them fixed quickly. i am sure this is apples goal becase they are moving to get a LOT of new mac users.

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
dthorn

I have a serial number beginning with W8614 and my Airport signal drops all. the time.

It may or may not be my router and access point, but the rest of my family who use wireless (and Windows) don't have as big of a problem as I do.
QUOTE Thanks
iRizzo

I am right there with dthorn. My serial number is 8616 and just today my internet started acting up. The airport signal at the top of the screen had no bars and I could not connect to the internet. I ran the Network Assistant and it found my SSID and asked for my WEP password. I entered it and it told me "The password you entered was invalid." WTF? That is my password for sure 100%. And then I ran it again and it started working all of a sudden. What's the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
iabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiversion
Who here like me has found all over the internet and forums problems about the first batch of 15" MacBook Pro's serial W8609 having the following problems:

Overheating to the point its uncomfortable in your lap.
Airport not connecting after awaking from sleep.
Aiport dropping signal.
Screen flickering.

Well according to some sites Apple will take it away and replace/repair it. I was on the phone to Apple for an hour and a half last night, speaking to 4 different departments. None of them new what i was talking about (serial batch order is faulty) They said that anything found on the internet and not on the apple website should be viewed at face value. In the end they offered to pick it up and repair it as its in its first 90 days of warranty. The guy on the phone thinks th Memory Logic Board will be replaced as there is a new version correcting some of these issues. In every case i made it clear what ever the solution was i wanted it sorted super quick as i need it for work. They said that two weeks repair time was standard.

Anyone else having the same problems with their MBP or with Apple?
Remember if your MBP serial number is higher or equal to W8610 then your fine, e.g. W8610, W8611, W8612. As these models have the new logic board.

I'll let you know how long the repair time takes.
Mine is w186222-Problem child -It tokk over a month for renew-unable to fix it
QUOTE Thanks
MacWill

MacWill is an unknown at this point

I have myself found that after 5 weeks my MBP is getting more and more problems as well though I still love it.

My Word and other programs are really taking awhile to load
My wirless takes quite awhile to load up...up to 5-10 minutes for wireless that is fully connected strength wise
My startup has dramatically taken longer.

QUOTE Thanks
MacWill

Neg rep points with no comment. Go figure...guess some just want only positive and zero negative.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacWill
Neg rep points with no comment. Go figure...guess some just want only positive and zero negative.
Don't feel too bad, I got one tonight with no comment for saying that Service Pack 2 in XP did not offer that much in the way of features, just security updates and that security panel. Don't worry about it. You will get some positive down the line.
QUOTE Thanks
MacWill

I feel ya. Thing is, I agree with the poster above that negative comments about things can be pretty destructive but at other times I feel that the negative comments should be addressed as some may/may not want to deal with common irregularities a system may have and/or a problem many users on here have.....
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacWill
I feel ya. Thing is, I agree with the poster above that negative comments about things can be pretty destructive but at other times I feel that the negative comments should be addressed as some may/may not want to deal with common irregularities a system may have and/or a problem many users on here have.....

dont feel bad, i got 40 negative points two days ago, its guna happen
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New HDD not working | No batteries availeble, hardware issue »