New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - buying Refurbished MacBook pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mills

with all the complaints and returns of hot and whinning MBP's is buying a refurbished one just asking for trouble?
QUOTE Thanks
iBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills
with all the complaints and returns of hot and whinning MBP's is buying a refurbished one just asking for trouble?
Maybe, but maybe they worked out some of the issues...fixed the grease, new logic board, etc. But I'm willing to bet you'll still have the CPU whine. I had a recent model and mine had it quite plainly.

I'm returning mine today. Already ordered a Macbook 2.0GHz with a gig of RAM, apple care, DVI adapter, 80GB hard drive, and it's still a lot cheaper than the MBP. I know you lose some bells and whistles, the only real big thing is the video, but apparantly it still performs well, especially with extra RAM. Macbook is rated for an extra hour and a half of battery too.

But in a nutshell it's up to you I guess you can always return it if it comes and it's not working like you want. I wish mine didn't have any hickups because otherwise it was a beautiful machine.
QUOTE Thanks
MACDRIVE

The main thing is to check the screen real close for scratches. How much $ do you save off the price of a new one?
QUOTE Thanks
bigky226

bigky226 is an unknown at this point

They only sell re fubs with the old cpu
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 17" Powerbook G4 - Lost install disks. Now what? | iBook Clamshell won't boot my OS X cd »