New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - For People Who Have MacBooks; First Impressions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ameen

- Which one do you have?
- Performance?
- Compared to previous Mac Laptops?

I'm getting one once I get the funds.... :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
Books

Books is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameen
- Which one do you have?
- Performance?
- Compared to previous Mac Laptops?

I'm getting one once I get the funds.... :cool:

That makes two of us buddy.

QUOTE Thanks
jonbev

I think you'd be better off waiting for later production models, if this guys experience is anything to go by. Needing a wall mounted A/C reduces the Macbooks portability!!!

http://www.notebookreview.com/defaul...=Apple+MacBook
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

Here's my first impressions:

MacBook impressions - trip to store
QUOTE Thanks
soulreaver99

soulreaver99 will become famous soon enough

I just got the black Macbook from Apple yesterday. I've only used it for 30 minutes after setup for just websurfing and already it is uncomfortably hot. Also, some of the keys, especially the spacebar feels like it's getting stuck when you type with it and it's really starting to annoy me. I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

The new glossy screen looks great and I'm surprised Apple hasn't done this sooner. It feels weird carrying around a notrbook that is slightly heavier than my Sony Vaio S460. I can actually feel the difference in the weight. I need to play around with this thing more and then install Windows XP on it next. Also need to do some benchmarking too.

I'll have a full review on this version of the MacBook sometime this week!

Macbook Pro 15" 2011 | Intel Core i7 2.2ghz Quad Core | 8GB RAM | 500GB HDD | Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
iPhone 4 32GB | iPad 2 16GB | MacBook Air 11" Ultimate
visit the geeks office
QUOTE Thanks
thadoggfather

thadoggfather is an unknown at this point

I'm really happy with mine. I love the keys compared to the ones on iBook, my fingers always got stuck underneath them previously. The battery itself gets pretty hot, but I don't think it's ridiculous or unbearable by any means (and not even an issue). The 13.3" glossy screen is gorgeous, and once I reduced the size of the dock it looked even better (a humongous dock looks like a noobie thing to me). The magsafe power adapter and magnetic substitute for an actual clip are amazing! I can even plug my power adapter in complete dark because the magnetic attraction is so strong that it knows where to go once it's close enough. The battery life also seems really good, at least 4 hours is what it seems to be but I'm not very good at battery benchmarking when I use my computer nonstop, mess with the brightness settings, and crank quicktime trailers all the time :0 there are just too many variables to thoroughly evaluate it except to say its good enough for me, if not better. overall, i'm a very very happy customer, and i'm glad i've tossed my imac intel for this thing. especially considering this summer i'll be on the road more than enough.

i'll deal with the low amount of ram later, it's not too much of an issue if you use universal applications. also, i need to get an external hard drive sometime because i'm a music fiend. 60gb just doesn't cut it overall, and sure i could upgrade to 120gb, but i think it'll be more worthwhile to just do an external drive that's like 300gb.

all in all, amazing machine. i'll buy apple care on it later when this limited 1 year warrenty is close to running out if i feel that this thing is fragile and needs constant repair.
QUOTE Thanks
Pierre

Pierre will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive

Apple Care would be a good thing to get on any laptop because anything could happen. Thanks for the impressions, I'm looking to get one of these when I get enough money. The reviews look good so far so I'm not really that scared of getting a Rev A. Macbook. If I get a lemon, then I'm sure Apple will replace it.

Macbook: 2ghz Core Duo, 2gb Ram

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
thadoggfather

thadoggfather is an unknown at this point

i will get apple care at some point, but it's not necessary now because i have a full year to get it.
QUOTE Thanks
Pierre

That's what I'll be doing when I get my Macbook. Before Apple Care comes 2x1gb RAM sticks :cool:

QUOTE Thanks
dwilson

Well Im new both too the forums and to Mac's. I bought the 2ghz white macbook yesterday and my fiancee can attest,,,I won't leave it alone!! I love the keyboard feel and its much quicker than my mother-in-law's emac. As it should be..It does get hot if under continous load (ive reached 81 C!). Under normal conditions mine seems to run around 70-74 C. I also am trying to get used to a smaller screen size, but thats not saying the screen isn't great looking! I bought 2 gigs of memory for the macbook and I can't wait to se what difference that makes

d
QUOTE Thanks
sumomo

can someone plz post a photo of the exterior finish of the black macbook? is it a matte finish as the inside, or a glossy finish like the old white ibook? most of the pictures i've seen so far focus on this interior design only.....just makes me ponder
QUOTE Thanks
Pierre

it is matte all over.

QUOTE Thanks
TS1AWD

TS1AWD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Aluminum, 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of Ram

Just picked up my 1.83 Macbook today at the Apple store and I love it! The keyboard took a minute to get used to but it is really fast to type on and I now like it better. The screen is really bright and crisp. The computer works really well and I am very happy with my purchase.
QUOTE Thanks
sumomo

awww i'd rather have the glossy look
QUOTE Thanks
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumomo
awww i'd rather have the glossy look
The best way to tell what you'd like is to go to your nearest Apple reseller. Personally, I prefer the white glossy too (though I wouldn't turn down a black one lol.)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB Delay | Adding Memory »