New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook - Macbook fan noise?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

StarBrite310

StarBrite310 is on a distinguished road

I just got my Macbook last night and tonight I have been putting it together. I have noticed that a weird noise, sounds like the fan, comes off and on every 5-8 seconds and only lasts for like 3 seconds. It's really annoying and I have no clue what it is! Does anyone know what is causing this noise? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
saurav27

saurav27 is on a distinguished road

May be intel processer needs fan to cool down ?

What drives me ...Apple :mac: & BMW :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
klatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBrite310
I just got my Macbook last night and tonight I have been putting it together. I have noticed that a weird noise, sounds like the fan, comes off and on every 5-8 seconds and only lasts for like 3 seconds. It's really annoying and I have no clue what it is! Does anyone know what is causing this noise? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I'm having the same problem, as are a few others, check out:

Apple.com Discussions
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

do you guys have a CD or DVD in the drive? Just curious.
QUOTE Thanks
iMacMan

Well... If it sounds like a fan, maybe it's a fan. CPUs need fans to cool down. der.
QUOTE Thanks
klatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
do you guys have a CD or DVD in the drive? Just curious.
Naw, nothing in the optical drive
QUOTE Thanks
klatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMacMan
Well... If it sounds like a fan, maybe it's a fan. CPUs need fans to cool down. der.
We know it's the fan. It's the fact that the fan comes on for about 2 seconds then shuts off then 2 seconds later turns on for another 2 seconds that is troublesome. Sounds like it is akin to the "moo" sound that the MBP's had. It is definitely not normal. My girlfriends MB that she just got doesn't act like this at all. There is no way this can be normal behavior.

Frank
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New macbook pro and mini graphics | Wont start up »