New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - How many ppl bought MBP and havn't had one problem?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MarteDVX

I am going to be purchasing my MBP in a week or so. I am so scared that I will have some type of problem which is horrible, I don't want to be afraid of buying my first mac. How many of you have purchased your MBP and have had zero problems since the day you bought it?
QUOTE Thanks
thadoggfather

thadoggfather is an unknown at this point

if you aren't comfortable, i definitely wouldn't buy a 2000+ investment.

but MBP's are nice, and i'm not discouraging you at all. paranoia for a 2000+ investment is probably smart, if anything. I'd like to know who has no problems whatsoever too, because I may purchase one
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

something can happen to anythign that y ou buy it is a fact of life. there are many people who have had no problems with their macs but they dont come to forums to say antyhing about it. people will come here to complain about small problems they have with their computers but never actually say how great they really are.

if you are worried about something hapeneing make sure you purchase applecare, it extends your phone support and also your warantee.

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

Most electronics will develop problems within the first six months if they are going to have them at all. You will have complete coverage for the first year, and can extend that another two if you wish by purchasing applecare. The only thing you need to ask yourself is if you are willing to deal with the hassle of having your Macbook Pro repaired if one of the known problems develops. coach_z is right in saying that problems can happen with any piece of hardware, and they aren't always guaranteed to happen. Remember, people who have had no problems aren't the ones complaining, so we don't really get to hear the good side of the macbooks. A buddy of mine has had one for the last month and a half with no issues.

What I think is stupid is the fact that Apple can't even instruct their technicians on how to properly apply thermal grease to the Macbook Pros. Go figure.
QUOTE Thanks
MarteDVX

Yea, I definately want to get Applecare but I don't have enough money to do it right now, so I will wait a bit. I know anything can happen, its just the luck of the draw. Hopefully I won't have any problems, but thanks to these forums, I at least know what to look for on the MBP.

Anyone else not have any problems with their MBP since day 1?
QUOTE Thanks
VanillaEps

VanillaEps will become famous soon enough

I haven't had any problems with my MBP. Besides, can't you get Applecare within the first year of having purchased the notebook? Theoritcally, can't I wait till the 364th day of owning the MBP, purchase Applecare, and be covered?
QUOTE Thanks
marker227

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarteDVX
I am going to be purchasing my MBP in a week or so. I am so scared that I will have some type of problem which is horrible, I don't want to be afraid of buying my first mac. How many of you have purchased your MBP and have had zero problems since the day you bought it?
I bought one and I am SO pleased .
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You can get AppleCare any time with in the first year. I don't know if Apple still does this, but they use to call you later on and ask if you want AppleCare.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
iRizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaEps
I haven't had any problems with my MBP. Besides, can't you get Applecare within the first year of having purchased the notebook? Theoritcally, can't I wait till the 364th day of owning the MBP, purchase Applecare, and be covered?
It doesn't matter if you buy applecare the day you buy your comp or the 364th day, it will only extend it to 3 years.
QUOTE Thanks
oo3

i've never had any problems with my mbp. no wierd sounds or anything that some people were saying.

and yes you can wait until the 364th day to get applecare. my cousin and friends did that already.
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

You can wait until the 364th day, then your only covered 2 years 1 day more.
QUOTE Thanks
apple_power

Location: London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
apple_power is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.

I have been ussing my mbp for a few weeks now and no problems so far at all. Missed opening up the box experiance. Apart from that no whines, screen problems etc. I am used to apple and am on my 50+ apple laptop, hence I am quite easy. :p

Who dare's wins... :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jram
You can wait until the 364th day, then your only covered 2 years 1 day more.
.....which would give you the total of three year's coverage. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
static0verdrive

static0verdrive is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, SSD, 8GB RAM

I just got mine (revision C) and I love it to death. It's my first mac. I recommend buying it from Apple's website to make sure you get one of the newest ones with all the newest hardware/firmware. You won't be disappointed - and if there was anything wrong it's completely warrantied anyway!
QUOTE Thanks
MACyMouse

MACyMouse has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs

Received mine yesterday.... it ROCKS! No problems thus far... very pleased!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is it possible to upgrade harddrive for macbook pro | ibook g4 wont open files »