Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MarteDVX
    How many ppl bought MBP and havn't had one problem?
    I am going to be purchasing my MBP in a week or so. I am so scared that I will have some type of problem which is horrible, I don't want to be afraid of buying my first mac. How many of you have purchased your MBP and have had zero problems since the day you bought it?

if you aren't comfortable, i definitely wouldn't buy a 2000+ investment.

but MBP's are nice, and i'm not discouraging you at all. paranoia for a 2000+ investment is probably smart, if anything. I'd like to know who has no problems whatsoever too, because I may purchase one

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    something can happen to anythign that y ou buy it is a fact of life. there are many people who have had no problems with their macs but they dont come to forums to say antyhing about it. people will come here to complain about small problems they have with their computers but never actually say how great they really are.

if you are worried about something hapeneing make sure you purchase applecare, it extends your phone support and also your warantee.

-chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Specs:
    Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
    Most electronics will develop problems within the first six months if they are going to have them at all. You will have complete coverage for the first year, and can extend that another two if you wish by purchasing applecare. The only thing you need to ask yourself is if you are willing to deal with the hassle of having your Macbook Pro repaired if one of the known problems develops. coach_z is right in saying that problems can happen with any piece of hardware, and they aren't always guaranteed to happen. Remember, people who have had no problems aren't the ones complaining, so we don't really get to hear the good side of the macbooks. A buddy of mine has had one for the last month and a half with no issues.

What I think is stupid is the fact that Apple can't even instruct their technicians on how to properly apply thermal grease to the Macbook Pros. Go figure.

MarteDVX
    Yea, I definately want to get Applecare but I don't have enough money to do it right now, so I will wait a bit. I know anything can happen, its just the luck of the draw. Hopefully I won't have any problems, but thanks to these forums, I at least know what to look for on the MBP.

Anyone else not have any problems with their MBP since day 1?

I haven't had any problems with my MBP. Besides, can't you get Applecare within the first year of having purchased the notebook? Theoritcally, can't I wait till the 364th day of owning the MBP, purchase Applecare, and be covered?

marker227
    Quote Originally Posted by MarteDVX
    I am going to be purchasing my MBP in a week or so. I am so scared that I will have some type of problem which is horrible, I don't want to be afraid of buying my first mac. How many of you have purchased your MBP and have had zero problems since the day you bought it?
    I bought one and I am SO pleased .

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You can get AppleCare any time with in the first year. I don't know if Apple still does this, but they use to call you later on and ask if you want AppleCare.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

iRizzo
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaEps
    I haven't had any problems with my MBP. Besides, can't you get Applecare within the first year of having purchased the notebook? Theoritcally, can't I wait till the 364th day of owning the MBP, purchase Applecare, and be covered?
    It doesn't matter if you buy applecare the day you buy your comp or the 364th day, it will only extend it to 3 years.

oo3
    i've never had any problems with my mbp. no wierd sounds or anything that some people were saying.

and yes you can wait until the 364th day to get applecare. my cousin and friends did that already.

You can wait until the 364th day, then your only covered 2 years 1 day more.

London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
    Specs:
    Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
    No problems what so ever
    I have been ussing my mbp for a few weeks now and no problems so far at all. Missed opening up the box experiance. Apart from that no whines, screen problems etc. I am used to apple and am on my 50+ apple laptop, hence I am quite easy. :p
    Who dare's wins... :ninja:

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by jram
    You can wait until the 364th day, then your only covered 2 years 1 day more.
    .....which would give you the total of three year's coverage. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    15" MBP, SSD, 8GB RAM
    I just got mine (revision C) and I love it to death. It's my first mac. I recommend buying it from Apple's website to make sure you get one of the newest ones with all the newest hardware/firmware. You won't be disappointed - and if there was anything wrong it's completely warrantied anyway!

Specs:
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    Received mine yesterday.... it ROCKS! No problems thus far... very pleased!!!!

Thread Information